VS2013 - Can't build WinPhone and WinRT projects

Question

• Hi, I faced with the following issue. I made a Unified App project in VS2013, added PCL project there , and it was quite compilable. Then I added 1 control to PCL and 1 to Shared Project, placed it on proper page both in WinPhone and WinRT and it stopped compiling because of VS ccouldn't find my user control despite of it actually could show it on these pages in the designer. Here's the project

Link to ZIP file

I'm totally confused and don't know how to make it compilable. Please, give me an idea what to do with it.

• Moved by Charles-Li Friday, August 15, 2014 3:38 AM
    Thursday, August 14, 2014 3:49 PM

Answers

• Hi N S Accessoftek,

Easy to fix, put a "x:" before the "Name". Here is a documentation explain quite in detail why you need x: prefix.

<local2:SharedUserControl x:Name="ctlShared" / >

--James

<THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Friday, August 15, 2014 6:09 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Since this thread is more related to tools for windows store app, I will move it to the right forum for a professional response. Thanks for your understanding.

Best regards, 

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Friday, August 15, 2014 3:37 AM
  • Hi N S Accessoftek,

Easy to fix, put a "x:" before the "Name". Here is a documentation explain quite in detail why you need x: prefix.

<local2:SharedUserControl x:Name="ctlShared" / >

--James

<THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Friday, August 15, 2014 6:09 AM