Picklist of public folders RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I am new to add-in's. I am using vs 2005 and vsto to create an addin in outlook.

I would like to create a picklist of public folders for a user to select.

I have not had much luck at progressing beyond iterating through the top level of folders.

This is what I have so far. in my ThisApplication_Startup function

Dim AllFolders As Microsoft.Office.Interop.Outlook.Folders = Me.ActiveExplorer().Session.Folders

For Each Folder As Outlook.MAPIFolder In AllFolders

MsgBox("folder " & Folder.Name)

Next

I can't seem to get the subfolders below the top level.

Alternatively I have tried to invoke PickFolder (is it a built in dialog like OpenFileDialog) but with no luck.

Any help greatly appreciated

Thanks

Col

Sunday, February 5, 2006 10:46 PM

Answers

• Hi,

You can get the subfolders beacuse you interate only through the top folders. You need to change your code to check if the top folder has subfolders (Folder.Folders.Count > 0) and then iterate again through Folder.Folders collection. But maybe the easiest way to do it is to use PickFolder method:

Dim
    selectedFolder As Outlook.MAPIFolder = Me.ActiveExplorer().Session.PickFolder()

This code will display the PickFolder dialog where your users you can select a folder.

Hope this helps.

Monday, February 6, 2006 9:56 AM

All replies

• Hi,

You can get the subfolders beacuse you interate only through the top folders. You need to change your code to check if the top folder has subfolders (Folder.Folders.Count > 0) and then iterate again through Folder.Folders collection. But maybe the easiest way to do it is to use PickFolder method:

Dim
    selectedFolder As Outlook.MAPIFolder = Me.ActiveExplorer().Session.PickFolder()

This code will display the PickFolder dialog where your users you can select a folder.

Hope this helps.

Monday, February 6, 2006 9:56 AM
  • Thanks Peter

I just couldn't get the syntax right. on that pickfolder. It works fine now.

Cheers

Colin

Monday, February 6, 2006 11:26 AM