Dynamic Disk Attachment Support RRS feed

• Question

• Is dynamic disk supported to be attached as data disk? in Windows Azure Pack
    Wednesday, April 15, 2015 10:41 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hello,

Yes it's supported, you can attach a dynamic data disk to your VM.

Wednesday, April 15, 2015 11:01 AM
  • Thanks for the reply.  But, I am getting error when I am doing so which states that I should make sure that this operation is not adding any dynamic disks.

Does this have anything to do with the template with which the VM was created or anything on Cloud settings?

Wednesday, April 15, 2015 8:45 PM
  • No, nothing to do. You just need to add your data disk in your VM Role with good tags.
    Thursday, April 16, 2015 5:25 AM
  • Even for Data Disk, I need to add hashtags to it?
    Thursday, April 16, 2015 8:28 AM
  • Yes, a datadisk must have a specific tag.
    Thursday, April 16, 2015 9:03 AM
  • I am getting following error even after correct Hashtag

Azure Error:

The operation on virtual machine, template or hardware configuration with id [*] results in use of one or more dynamic hard disks not supported by the specified cloud and fabric capability. Ensure that no dynamic hard disks are required by this operation and try the operation again. Please contact your system administrator with this error ID.

VMM Error:

Error (23447)
    The operation on virtual machine, template or hardware configuration with id [TESTVM] results in use of one or more dynamic hard disks not supported by the specified cloud and fabric capability.

Recommended Action
    Ensure that no dynamic hard disks are required by this operation and try the operation again.

Thursday, April 16, 2015 10:37 AM
  • Gentle Reminder.
    Monday, April 20, 2015 11:09 AM