Comparing StorageItems in FutureAccessList and MostRecentlyUsedList

Question

• CheckAccess will tell you if a StorageItem is in the FutureAccessList or MostRecentlyUsedList, but is there any way to compare two StorageItems to see *which* correspond to the same file?  I'm trying to match up duplicate items across lists (FutureAccessList, MostRecentlyUsedList, items from the Videos folder, etc.) so that I don't have duplicate internal representations for them.

Thanks!
    Andrea

Andrea Mantler

Monday, November 26, 2012 6:32 PM

Answers

• I've found a work-around, although it's a bit of a hack:  I insert the item I'm searching for, and check to see if the number of items in the FAL increases.  If it hasn't, I can use the returned token to go through my list of items to find the one that matches.

Andrea Mantler

• Marked as answer by Jesse Jiang Wednesday, December 05, 2012 2:35 AM
    Tuesday, November 27, 2012 6:01 PM

All replies

• Hmmm... does CheckAccess return true when called on the FutureAccessList even if the StorageItem isn't in the FutureAccessList, but is in the MostRecentlyUsedList?  It seems to be, which is making things even harder for me.  :(

Andrea Mantler

Monday, November 26, 2012 7:49 PM
  • I've found a work-around, although it's a bit of a hack:  I insert the item I'm searching for, and check to see if the number of items in the FAL increases.  If it hasn't, I can use the returned token to go through my list of items to find the one that matches.

Andrea Mantler

• Marked as answer by Jesse Jiang Wednesday, December 05, 2012 2:35 AM
    Tuesday, November 27, 2012 6:01 PM
  • Thanks for sharing the solution.

Best regards,
    Jesse

Jesse Jiang
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Wednesday, December 05, 2012 2:35 AM