none
Support for MP3 audio in System.Speech.Recognition.SpeechRecognitionEngine ? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am trying to convert Audio to text format using System.Speech APis. So far I have been successful in doing so for only .wav files.

mSpeechRecEngine.SetInputToWaveFile(@"C:\temp\test4.wav"); // Where mSpeechRecEngine is of type SpeechRecognitionEngine

However, I have many other types of audio\Video (mp3, mp4 etc) files which I would like to give input to the SpeechRecognitionEngine. It has other functions to give input like

SetInputToAudioStream(). Can somebody please guide me as to how can I give other types of media files as input to SpeechRecognitionEngine?

Monday, October 28, 2013 8:28 AM

Answers

• Hi jude,

I think this thread is specific to Windows Speech forum. This form is to discuss problems about CLR development. Please post a new thread on that forum for more effective response. http://archive.msdn.microsoft.com/wsrmacros/Thread/List.aspx. Thank you for your understanding.

As I know, MP3 and MP4 are not support by SpeechRecognitionEngine. You should convert them to WMA and WMV. There are many free tools online can support format conversion.

Best Regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, October 29, 2013 3:06 AM