none
There is already a command handler for the menu command? RRS feed

• Question

• While I have MS-Office 2013 installed, as I approach to build an Excel 2007 AddIn using VS 2010 and first of all simply add a template of Ribbon (Visual Designer), as soon as I add only a new tab on the same, I get the error message:

There is already a command handler for the menu command 5efc7975-14 bc-llcf-9b2b-00aa00573819 : 26

Although have found similar questions on the forum can't seem to understand or apply the solutions/answers in my case. Shall oblige if anyone can make me understand the reason of, and way to meet, such an error.

Thanx in advance friends.

Best Regards, Faraz A Qureshi

Sunday, June 30, 2013 7:05 AM

Answers

• If you look in the designer code you will see that the menu already exists - just delete it... and then you can add the menu item again; which will create the handler for you.

Look for the menu item with the code += in it... just in case you are not sure what you are looking for.

Digital Forensic Software Developer
    http:\\ccs-labs.com Mark as Answer or Vote up if useful thank you!
    Volunteer Developers Required to work on free systems that can be used to reduce online child abuse and bullying! contact: dave@ccs-labs.com if you are interested.

Sunday, June 30, 2013 9:45 AM

All replies

• If you look in the designer code you will see that the menu already exists - just delete it... and then you can add the menu item again; which will create the handler for you.

Look for the menu item with the code += in it... just in case you are not sure what you are looking for.

Digital Forensic Software Developer
    http:\\ccs-labs.com Mark as Answer or Vote up if useful thank you!
    Volunteer Developers Required to work on free systems that can be used to reduce online child abuse and bullying! contact: dave@ccs-labs.com if you are interested.

Sunday, June 30, 2013 9:45 AM
  • Thanx buddy!

Sure do appreciate your interest in the topic.

Best Regards, Faraz A Qureshi

Monday, July 1, 2013 4:52 AM
  • Can you give any more information on what to look for?  I can't find the duplicate code, or anything in the designer using +=.  I have the exact same error code as well.

I feel it's worth noting that I don't have any 3rd party elements.  The ribbon was made entirely from stock VS2012, using the Design feature

Tuesday, October 15, 2013 7:08 PM