none
embedded resource confusion RRS feed

• Question

• Hi I am studying for mcts certification and this question is confusing me

"you make use of asp.net 3.5 to create a web application.you decide to add a javascrip file 
    named CKScripts.js as embedded resource. this file will exist in a project subfolder named TestScripts.
    the name of the application assembly is Company.the default namespace of the application is Company.Web.
    Management wants you to ensure that the ScriptManager control is used toregister the script for usage in the Web application"

answer:

<ScriptManager ID=""....>
    <scripts>
    <asp:ScriptReference Assembly="Company" Name="Company.Web.TestScripts.CKScripts.js"/>

Ok my confusion is: if the  javascript 'file' is embedded in the assembly called 'company' then the name attribute should have been

company.ckscripts.js.... this

Name="Company.Web.TestScripts.CKScripts.js"

what does it signify?

I mean when i embed a resource like javascript is it embedded 'raw    ' or as compiled product ;

Wednesday, July 24, 2013 11:40 PM

Answers

• Hello,

Welcome to MSDN Forum !

According to your description, I know that you encounter some issue about embedded resource confusion , I think this post is in a wrong place, I would like to suggest you to post  in  ASP.NET forums, you need to  create a new post in HTML, CSS and JavaScript

HTML, CSS and JavaScript :   http://forums.asp.net/130.aspx/1?HTML+CSS+and+JavaScript

This moderator and community will be glad to help you .Hope these helps, if you have any problems, please feel free to let me know.

Hopes help you. If you have any question ,please feel free to let me know.

Lilia Gong
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Thursday, July 25, 2013 9:19 AM

All replies

• Hello,

Welcome to MSDN Forum !

According to your description, I know that you encounter some issue about embedded resource confusion , I think this post is in a wrong place, I would like to suggest you to post  in  ASP.NET forums, you need to  create a new post in HTML, CSS and JavaScript

HTML, CSS and JavaScript :   http://forums.asp.net/130.aspx/1?HTML+CSS+and+JavaScript

This moderator and community will be glad to help you .Hope these helps, if you have any problems, please feel free to let me know.

Hopes help you. If you have any question ,please feel free to let me know.

Lilia Gong
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Thursday, July 25, 2013 9:19 AM
  • Hi Kobosh,

Would you mind letting me know the result of the suggestions? If you need further assistance, feel free to let me know. I will be more than happy to be of assistance.

Have a great day!

Best Regards,

Lilia Gong

Tuesday, July 30, 2013 8:41 AM