system ado files/upgraded from XP to Vista RRS feed

• Question

• I was sent here by the Vista folders, files , and searches forum. The files that I am asking about are in folder: C:\Program files\Common files\System\ado. I wanted to know if these were replaced by the Ole DB folder  so I can remove them. If not the whole folder then any parts without causing a problem to the running of the current OS.I have an HP750n in which I have changed the ram to 2gb and the intel pentium 4 is now a 2.4GHz.
    Tuesday, December 22, 2009 9:58 PM

Answers

• Hi,

This forum is about WCF Data Services, which is a technology for exposing data over HTTP REST service. It is only really related to ADO by its former name. I would suggest that you try asking your question in a forum about ADO technology. I don't know if you're talking about the old ADO technology or the newer ADO.NET, but the forum for the ADO.NET is here: http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/adodotnetdataproviders/threads.

In any case I think they will start by asking a question like this:
    Why do you want to remove the files? Are they causing you some problems? Is it the space they occupy? Can you just leave them there?

Thanks,
    Vitek Karas [MSFT]
    Tuesday, January 5, 2010 11:10 AM

All replies

• Hi,

This forum is about WCF Data Services, which is a technology for exposing data over HTTP REST service. It is only really related to ADO by its former name. I would suggest that you try asking your question in a forum about ADO technology. I don't know if you're talking about the old ADO technology or the newer ADO.NET, but the forum for the ADO.NET is here: http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/adodotnetdataproviders/threads.

In any case I think they will start by asking a question like this:
    Why do you want to remove the files? Are they causing you some problems? Is it the space they occupy? Can you just leave them there?

Thanks,
    Vitek Karas [MSFT]
    Tuesday, January 5, 2010 11:10 AM
  • Thanx, for taking the time to answer Vitek.  Yes, I have Vista so space is an issue that affects performance. I did the upgrade to Vista by Microsoft download. I had XP since 2002 and some of these apps are from before that. I don't think these files are being used and are just taking up space. SO, I'll check out your link. 
    Thursday, January 7, 2010 6:08 AM