red X button and aQuestion Regarding DevExpress 2011.1 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I'm deploying my app instead of population data on my grid a squere red x appears. How will i address this. A visual Basic Language will be very Helpful.

I have copy my programs and app to my other computer(loptop), rebuilding it no problem, but once i run it an error appears.(below is the error).

Wednesday, February 13, 2013 3:11 AM

Answers

• Hi Mamba

I think your XtraReport assemblies are not loading correctly.

1. Go to your server and client project and check the properties Copy Local = true for XtraReport assemblies.

2. Open Config.xaml from client folder and verify the version installed and version using in config file.

3. in Web.Config file also verify the both version

Regards

Rashmi 

Rashmi Ranjan Panigrahi
    www.lightswitchspecial.com

If you found this post helpful, please “Vote as Helpful”. If it answered your question, please “Mark as Answer”.
    This will help other users to find their answer quickly.

Thursday, February 14, 2013 8:27 AM

All replies

• What steps did you take to deploy your application?

David Kidder | Senior SDET | Microsoft | LightSwitch

Wednesday, February 13, 2013 4:43 AM
  • Hi Dave,

What do you mean what step? This is my problem Dave, i have an app( in my desktop) which i publish through the web. Now since our internet connection here is very slow sometimes i'm getting red x button, not sometimes but mostly.  That's why I decide to copy my app to a loptop and run it locally. once i press the run button i'm getting that error which you can see on my first post. by the way my report writer is XtraReport of DevExpress.

1. How can we address this red x button(I think somebody posted this, I just forgot to take the title)     VB will be a great help cause i'm a VB programmer.

2. I have copy and install all the necessary requirement from my desktop to my loptop, in fact when i rebuild my app no errors appear. But when  I try to run it that(error above) error appear.  this is in Debug Mode. 

Wednesday, February 13, 2013 7:54 AM
  • Hi Mamba,

What version of XtraReport are you using? 

Nakabili ka na ba ng license copy ng XtraReport? Pede makuha contact no. or email add mo para magkaroon tayo ng interaction here in the Philippines.  You can PM @ renz_othelo@yahoo.com

Nante

• Edited by RKage Wednesday, February 13, 2013 8:39 AM
    Wednesday, February 13, 2013 8:38 AM
  • You say that you copied the necessary requirements to your laptop, but did you install XtraReports on it? By install I mean run the installer, not just copy the files over.  You would need to install XtraReports on any machine that is used for development of a LightSwitch app that uses it.

You might also run into a problem if your laptop had a previous version of XtraReports on it.  Specifically, there have been issues where people have had the XtraReports version that was used for LightSwitch 2011, then upgraded both LightSwitch to VS 2012 and the corresponding version of XtraReports.

David Kidder | Senior SDET | Microsoft | LightSwitch

Wednesday, February 13, 2013 2:09 PM
  • Hi Nante,

Yes, I have a licensed Xtrareport 2011.11.5 which will expire this August 2013. Nan are you from Cagayan de Oro, because I will be in Cagayan this weekend.

mamba

Thursday, February 14, 2013 8:19 AM
  • Hi Mamba

I think your XtraReport assemblies are not loading correctly.

1. Go to your server and client project and check the properties Copy Local = true for XtraReport assemblies.

2. Open Config.xaml from client folder and verify the version installed and version using in config file.

3. in Web.Config file also verify the both version

Regards

Rashmi 

Rashmi Ranjan Panigrahi
    www.lightswitchspecial.com

If you found this post helpful, please “Vote as Helpful”. If it answered your question, please “Mark as Answer”.
    This will help other users to find their answer quickly.

Thursday, February 14, 2013 8:27 AM
  • Hi Dave,

Dont bother with my problem no.# 2 because I already have find a way to solve it. 

Thursday, February 14, 2013 8:28 AM