none
To get the Date of Opened Recurring Occurrence RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I have a Recurring meeting. I add a custom button on the ribbon. If we open each occurrence of the meeting this button will show in the ribbon. If i click on that button i need to get the opened occurrence Date. 

Is there any method to identify the Opened occurrence?

Thanks

Bobbin & 

Friday, November 23, 2012 1:45 PM

Answers

• works perfectly fine here, opening single occurance returns AppointmentItem whose Start propperty shows date for that single occurence. Please check RecurrenceState for that appointment, what is its value?
    • Marked as answer by Bobbin Paulose Friday, November 23, 2012 4:41 PM
    Friday, November 23, 2012 2:44 PM

All replies

• onAction method attached to that button will send you IRibbonControl which has Context property. Case it to Inspector and its CurrentItem will return you AppointmentItem for opened occurence.
    Friday, November 23, 2012 2:06 PM
  • Hi 

I will get current appointmentitem. But here i need current Opened recurring meeting date. 

Eg:

I have a recurring meeting of 3days from Yesterday, Today and tomorrow [In calender view of outlook the meeting will show in under the 22/11/2012, 23/11/2012, 24/11/2012]. If i opened a single occurrence [23/11/2012] of this recurring meeting, I need to get the date of that occurrence only. Now i'm getting the first date only if i opened any date occurrence.

I hope you got my problem. 

Thanks

Bobbin

Friday, November 23, 2012 2:16 PM
  • when you double click appointment in calendar to open it up - outlook asks if you want to open that particular occurence or master item for whole series, which option do you choose?
    Friday, November 23, 2012 2:21 PM
  • Hi

I choose "Open the occurrence "

thanks

Bobbin

Friday, November 23, 2012 2:33 PM
  • works perfectly fine here, opening single occurance returns AppointmentItem whose Start propperty shows date for that single occurence. Please check RecurrenceState for that appointment, what is its value?
    • Marked as answer by Bobbin Paulose Friday, November 23, 2012 4:41 PM
    Friday, November 23, 2012 2:44 PM
  • Hi Damian

You are correct... thank you.... :)

Thanks

Bobbin

Friday, November 23, 2012 4:41 PM