none
Extremely Important!!! TERRIBLE Memory Hog Help!?! RRS feed

• Question

•  

I don't know why but "mscorsvw.exe" is on my computer and it's been there for a while and it's hogging up 80% of my computer's CPU usage! I need to know immediately if it's alright to kill the process. Sorry if I seem demanding.
    Monday, April 14, 2008 5:24 AM

Answers

• Hi, DustinDaigle,

"mscorsvw.exe" is a process which is precompiling .NET assemblies in the background.  When it has been finished, it will disappear immediately, while it may take several minutes to deal with the high priority assemblies.  The high CPU usage means it is busy working and get rid of other lower prority processes. 

"mscorsvw.exe" is an important process of .NET Framework, thus it is not suggested to kill the process.  However, if you do want to get rid of the process, you can do following ways:

1. Type "cmd" command to start the "Command Prompt" and enter:

ngen.exe executequeueditems

Then all the waiting process after the "mscorsvw.exe" process will be permitted to work. 

2. Or you can try download the update of the .NET Framework, to see whether the problem is solved.

For detailed information, you can refer to http://blogs.msdn.com/davidnotario/archive/2005/04/27/412838.aspx 

Hope these helped you.

Best Regards,

Fat-ZhiZhi

Monday, April 14, 2008 6:19 AM