none
Help With Build Application RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, 

My build generate the file .VSTO (VSTO Deployment Manifest)   

How I can use this?

Tks

Rodolfo Scotolo
    Tuesday, January 3, 2012 12:46 PM

Answers

• Hi RodoIfo,

Thanks for posting in the MSDN Forum.

The directly way is copy the content of the “Debug” folder of you project to the target computer then double click vsto file to install your add-in. This is an unofficial way. It’s based on my experience. However I think if will fit you. Another way is right click the mouse button on the solution explorer then select publish button to create a Click Once deployment. If you choose From a CD-ROM or DVD ROM you will get a “Publish” folder in your project folder. Copy the content of such folder to the target computer and click setup.exe to setup your add-in. This is a official recommended way for you.

Have a good day,

Tom

Tom Xu [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Tuesday, January 10, 2012 10:21 AM

All replies

• The VSTO file is a manifest deployment file that describes and points to files relating to your solution. The Office application uses this to be able to determine what assembly and entry points, these should as a best practice be signed to ensure they haven't been tampered with.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb771323.aspx explains more about the deployment manifest files.

Regards

Mike Walker MVP - Visual Developer VSTO 2004-2010 Please mark the best replies as Answers Twitter: www.twitter.com/mikewalker74
    Tuesday, January 3, 2012 1:15 PM
  • But, how I can "install" my add-in in other computer?

I don't know how export/import my add-in in to outlook!

Tks

Rodolfo Scotolo
    Wednesday, January 4, 2012 11:06 AM
  • Hi Rodolfo,

Create a installer project first.

Second copy .VSTO file manually in your setup project and set copy to local true.

Third Create registry entry for the VSTO (HKEY_LOCALMACHINE->SOFTWARE->MICROSOFT->OFFICE->Excel-Addin)

Install your exe on your client system hope it works

Let me know if you are unable to do it.

K K Sanghi
    • Proposed as answer by Krishna Sanghi Thursday, January 5, 2012 6:50 PM
    • Unproposed as answer by Rodolfo Scotolo Tuesday, January 10, 2012 10:24 AM
    Thursday, January 5, 2012 6:50 PM
  • Hi

I'm using this reference:

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/mcsuksoldev/archive/2010/07/12/building-and-deploying-an-outlook-2010-add-in-part-1-of-2.aspx

But, it's not work!

I Another computer, I Can install,but not load in outlook!

Have something or configuration in my  project, that need do ?

Tks

Rodolfo Scotolo
    Monday, January 9, 2012 10:37 AM
  • Hi RodoIfo,

Thanks for posting in the MSDN Forum.

The directly way is copy the content of the “Debug” folder of you project to the target computer then double click vsto file to install your add-in. This is an unofficial way. It’s based on my experience. However I think if will fit you. Another way is right click the mouse button on the solution explorer then select publish button to create a Click Once deployment. If you choose From a CD-ROM or DVD ROM you will get a “Publish” folder in your project folder. Copy the content of such folder to the target computer and click setup.exe to setup your add-in. This is a official recommended way for you.

Have a good day,

Tom

Tom Xu [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Tuesday, January 10, 2012 10:21 AM