none
MSDNAA Server 2012 Essentials RRS feed

• Question

• Does anyone know if Server 2012 Essentials will be a part of MSDNAA? This would be great to use to test software I created for Windows 8. I know theres SBS 2011 but I dont have anything I can currently load it on. Then I could just create a VM with a decent amount of RAM or an old computer.
    Wednesday, October 24, 2012 11:33 PM

Answers

• Windows Server 2012 Essentials has been released, but its not included in DreamSpark (formerly called MSDNAA).  We typically do not make plans to include software in more levels or programs at a later date. We decide where a product is going before we release it, and then we tend not to make changes to it thereafter.  So I'd say that there aren't any plans to add it.

No promises that they'll change their mind, but I'll let the team know your request for it being included.   If there's any response, I'll let you know.

Thanks,
    Mike

MSDN and TechNet Subscriptions Support
    Read the Subscriptions Blog!

Thursday, October 25, 2012 3:05 PM

All replies

• Windows Server 2012 Essentials has been released, but its not included in DreamSpark (formerly called MSDNAA).  We typically do not make plans to include software in more levels or programs at a later date. We decide where a product is going before we release it, and then we tend not to make changes to it thereafter.  So I'd say that there aren't any plans to add it.

No promises that they'll change their mind, but I'll let the team know your request for it being included.   If there's any response, I'll let you know.

Thanks,
    Mike

MSDN and TechNet Subscriptions Support
    Read the Subscriptions Blog!

Thursday, October 25, 2012 3:05 PM
  • great thanks
    Saturday, November 10, 2012 3:35 AM