none
migrating from different cloud service provider to Azure RRS feed

• Question

• Not sure if this was asked raised already, we are migrating from different cloud service provider to Azure, we want to keep everything at one place rather than maintaining a separate account with another DNS registrar, so the question is does Azure DNS support purchasing domain? If yes,  how? If it isn’t possible, will that be implemented?
    Wednesday, December 28, 2016 9:12 AM

Answers

• Hi, 
    Thank you for contacting Microsoft forums. We are pleased to answer your query.

Please take a look at: https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/pricing/details/dns/
    Does Azure DNS allow me to purchase a DNS domain name? 
    No, Azure DNS does not currently support purchasing of domain names. To purchase domains you should use a third-party domain name registrar, who will typically charge a small annual fee. 

But, you can for example purchase "mypersonaldomain.com" from a registrar like godaddy.com and then configure Azure DNS to host that domain.

I hope that the reply will assist you in getting your query addressed. In case you require further assistance, please do reply to the thread as we are always available to your queries. 

Regards,
    Vijisankar

____________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Kindly click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, this can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread and also “Vote as Helpful”.
    • Proposed as answer by vijisankar Wednesday, December 28, 2016 7:21 PM
    • Marked as answer by russelll22 Thursday, December 29, 2016 10:33 AM
    Wednesday, December 28, 2016 7:20 PM

All replies

• purchasing domain names is present in PaaS services already. 

as for Azure managing DNS this went GA in september I believe. 

https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/azure-dns-general-availability/

ronny

Wednesday, December 28, 2016 10:18 AM
  • Hi, 
    Thank you for contacting Microsoft forums. We are pleased to answer your query.

Please take a look at: https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/pricing/details/dns/
    Does Azure DNS allow me to purchase a DNS domain name? 
    No, Azure DNS does not currently support purchasing of domain names. To purchase domains you should use a third-party domain name registrar, who will typically charge a small annual fee. 

But, you can for example purchase "mypersonaldomain.com" from a registrar like godaddy.com and then configure Azure DNS to host that domain.

I hope that the reply will assist you in getting your query addressed. In case you require further assistance, please do reply to the thread as we are always available to your queries. 

Regards,
    Vijisankar

____________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Kindly click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, this can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread and also “Vote as Helpful”.
    • Proposed as answer by vijisankar Wednesday, December 28, 2016 7:21 PM
    • Marked as answer by russelll22 Thursday, December 29, 2016 10:33 AM
    Wednesday, December 28, 2016 7:20 PM