none
[MS-ONESTORE]: HashedChunkList contains unspecified structures. RRS feed

• Question

• The HashedChunkList must contain only the HashedChunkDescriptor2FND("0x0C2") structures, but it is not true. I have faced the issue when the file contains FileNode structure with the following header:

FileNodeId         0x00fe 
    Size                   0x001f
    StpFormat          0x0002
    CbFormat           0x0002
    BaseType           0x0001
    Reserved            true

Unfortunately, the FileNode with id “0x00fe” is not specified in [MS-ONESTORE] doc.

Could you please help me with it?

Monday, June 23, 2014 2:54 PM

Answers

• Hi Sergey, it looks like the file you provided was created with an older version of OneNote (2007 or earlier). The documentation only covers OneNote 2010 and newer. The FileNodeID 0xFE that you are seeing was an earlier version of the HashedChunkDescriptor2FND (notice the '2' in the name) structure and was deprecated prior to OneNote 2010.

Josh Curry (jcurry) | Escalation Engineer | Open Specifications Support Team

Friday, July 18, 2014 8:56 PM

All replies

• Hello Sergey,
                       Thank you for your inquiry about MS-ONESTORE specification. One of the Open specifications team member will contact you shortly.

Regards,
    Sreekanth Nadendla
    Microsoft Windows Open specifications

Monday, June 23, 2014 3:28 PM
  • Hi Sergey, I am the engineer who will be working with you on this issue. I am currently researching the problem and will provide you with an update soon. Thank you for your patience.

Tuesday, July 1, 2014 5:57 PM
  • Hi Sergey, I am reviewing the documentation on this topic. In the meantime, would you be able to me the sample file that you are using that contains the issue? Please send that to dochelp(at)microsoft(dot)com and reference this thread.

Thank you.

Tuesday, July 1, 2014 6:22 PM
  • Hi Josh, I have sent the file.

Thank you!

Tuesday, July 1, 2014 6:35 PM
  • File received.

Thank you.

Bryan S. Burgin Senior Escalation Engineer Microsoft Protocol Open Specifications Team

Tuesday, July 1, 2014 8:44 PM
  • Hi Sergey, I am still looking into this issue. I hope to have more information for you soon. Your patience is greatly appreciated.

Wednesday, July 9, 2014 6:41 PM
  • Hi Sergey, it looks like the file you provided was created with an older version of OneNote (2007 or earlier). The documentation only covers OneNote 2010 and newer. The FileNodeID 0xFE that you are seeing was an earlier version of the HashedChunkDescriptor2FND (notice the '2' in the name) structure and was deprecated prior to OneNote 2010.

Friday, July 18, 2014 8:56 PM