AjaxcontrolToolkit does not work after deploy to the Windows Server RRS feed

• Question

• User2086223745 posted

I had a problems of AjaxcontrolToolkit does not work after deploy to the Windows Server. The application with AjaxControlToolkit, its work at my machine, after deploy to Server , its did not work.

Here with the result of Before deploy to the Windows Server 2012.

Here with the result after deploy to the Windows Server 2012.

Here with my source code (Default.apsx) and Inside the Web.config

<%@ Register Assembly="AjaxControlToolkit" Namespace="AjaxControlToolkit" TagPrefix="cc1" %>
    <asp:ScriptManager ID="ScriptManager2" runat="server" EnablePartialRendering="true"></asp:ScriptManager>
    <cc1:ComboBox ID="ComboBox1" runat="server" DropDownStyle="DropDownList" AutoCompleteMode="SuggestAppend" DataSourceID="SqlDataSourceEng" DataTextField="R1" DataValueField="EngagementCode" MaxLength="0" AutoPostBack="True" class="WindowsStyle" Width="400px" OnSelectedIndexChanged="ComboBox1_SelectedIndexChanged" AppendDataBoundItems="True" >
                             <asp:ListItem Value="0" Text="" Selected="True"></asp:ListItem>
                         </cc1:ComboBox>
     <controls>

<add tagPrefix="cc1" assembly="AjaxControlToolkit" namespace="AjaxControlToolkit" />

</controls>
    Anyone facing the same issue?
    Sunday, April 19, 2020 3:58 PM

All replies

• User475983607 posted

What does "not working" mean?   Are you receiving an error message?  Did you install the toolkit on the Windows server?

Sunday, April 19, 2020 5:35 PM
  • User2086223745 posted

What does "not working" mean?   Are you receiving an error message?  Did you install the toolkit on the Windows server?

You means the AjaxControlToolkit also need to install in Windows Server?

Sunday, April 19, 2020 11:10 PM
  • User2086223745 posted

Its work in my development machine, did not work in Windows Server after Deployment.

I also did not received any error.

You means need to install AjaxControlToolkit in Windows Server?

Sunday, April 19, 2020 11:22 PM
  • User1535942433 posted

Hi EngSoonCheah,

Accroding to your description,as far as I think,the problem which ajaxcontroltoolkit cann't work after deploying to the server is related to  the framework version, web.config etc.

I suggest you could make sure you install the correct ASP.NET 4.0 framework on your server.The AJAXControlToolkit has actually been integrated into this framework and you are not required to install anything else on the server.

Note:Make sure you set the HttpHandler on the IIS to "revert to inherited".

More details,you could refer to below articles:

AJAXControlToolkit does not work on the server: 

https://forums.asp.net/t/1766695.aspx?AJAXControlToolkit+does+not+work+on+the+server

Ajax toolkit is not working on server for framework 4.0 in asp.net: 

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/9511280/ajax-toolkit-is-not-working-on-server-for-framework-4-0-in-asp-net 

Best regards,

Yijing Sun

Monday, April 20, 2020 1:57 AM