none
How to Configure Exchange Server 2010 Impersonation for all user? RRS feed

• Question

• I have developed a task using Exchange server Webservice. I wan to acces and get all the mailbox details using EWS.

I have used the folling command to configure Exchange Impersonation for the specifed mailbox:

New-ManagementRoleAssignment –Name:JoSwa@adventure.local –Role:ApplicationImpersonation 
    –User:Administrator

it works fine and now I got the JoSwa mailbox details using EWS(Using C#.net 4.0)

So now,

I want to know how can I To configure Exchange Impersonation for all users in an organization?

I have reffered the following link and I didn't get clear idea about the following commands.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff793352.aspx

New-ManagementRoleAssignment –Name:impersonationAssignmentName –Role:ApplicationImpersonation  –User:serviceAccount

I have more than 1000 mailbox in my Exchange server 2010. So I want to configure Exchange Impersonation for all users in an organization using single command. How can I achive this using power shel cmdlts.

I hope I have explained clearly.

If a post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on that post and "Mark as Helpful"

Saturday, August 4, 2012 9:08 AM

Answers

• Have you used the correct webpage for configuration of impersonation? This one belongs to MS Project...(It looks the same but I havent read everything :-)

This one is from EWS: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/exchange/bb204095(v=exchg.140).aspx

Are the users in the same scope? Then you can set impersonation for the specified Scope...
    I suggest to be carefull with the impersonation on the correct users. I dont believe everyone may be impersonated with the same impersonation account.

This command will set impersonation for the users in the scope:

New-ManagementRoleAssignment –Name:impersonationAssignmentName –Role:ApplicationImpersonation –User:serviceAccount –CustomRecipientWriteScope:scopeName

• Marked as answer by P Elayaraja Friday, August 10, 2012 5:35 AM
    Thursday, August 9, 2012 7:55 AM