MSBuild dependency for the MS SQL Server 2012 Transact-SQL Compiler Service RRS feed

• Question

• I should start by asking how to frame a question about this particular package (SQL Server 2012 Transact-SQL Compiler Service) and "is it part of the SQL 2012 Feature Pack?"   

I am assuming the answer is yes.

Our team delivers builds with MSBuild which has dependencies on the ManagedDTS from 2010.  In the process of testing the migration dependencies on SQL 2012 post-migration to SQL 2016, it is clear that the dependency from MSBuild if for the Microsoft.SqlServer.DTSRuntimeWrap, Version=11.0.0.0.    The MSBuild contains a library folder (.\Build\Lib) and the older dependencies are referenced  there to keep the packages current with the older build libraries.

Comparing two virtual machines with the same root, there is a missing library in Programs and Folders called the "MS SQL Server 2012 Transact-SQL Compiler Service".

The Feature Pack is loaded with msi files - one in particular - the Management Objects - is required for the older MSBuild to function.   It is evident with the failure that the ManagedDTS has a dependency on the Compiler Service (we can't compile the SSIS ETL) 

I can't find a reference that says which of the many msi files contains the T-SQL Compiler Service.

Is there a link somewhere that explains what each package in the Feature Pack composition holds inside its installer (msi)?

R, J

• Edited by Crakdkorn Tuesday, October 16, 2018 2:30 PM
    Tuesday, October 16, 2018 2:30 PM

Answers

• Answer:

After several installs and uninstalls, this particular feature is labelled as ENU\sqlls.msi

R, J

• Marked as answer by Crakdkorn Tuesday, October 16, 2018 7:44 PM
    Tuesday, October 16, 2018 7:44 PM