unable to deploy digital twins RRS feed

• Question

• hello all,

I was not able to deploy the digital twins with error:

{"code":"DeploymentFailed","message":"At least one resource deployment operation failed. Please list deployment operations for details. Please see https://aka.ms/DeployOperations for usage details.","details":[{"code":"Conflict","message":"{\r\n \"status\": \"Failed\",\r\n \"error\": {\r\n \"code\": \"ResourceDeploymentFailure\",\r\n \"message\": \"The resource operation completed with terminal provisioning state 'Failed'.\"\r\n }\r\n}"}]}

I did read through the post (Provisioning status: Failed while creating digital twins in Azure portal asked by Kiranshank) but did not find an answer yet of how to deploy digital twins using Azure portal.

Could anyone give me any instruction of what could i do to fix this issue?

Thanks in advance!!

Jingyang

Monday, January 6, 2020 9:30 AM

Answers

• Hi

Which region are you trying to deploy the Digital Twins resource? 

Please check whether you have create one already? Goto Azure portal -> All Services -> Digital Twins -> check if you have created Digital Twins already

I just tried creating one in the Azure portal and able to create successfully without any issues.

Please delete if you have created one already and try with different region and let us know if that solves your issue.

Tuesday, January 7, 2020 10:34 AM
  • Hi Jingyang,

Glad to hear that you were able to create Azure Digital Twins resource.

No, you can’t access the IoT Hub created along with Azure Digital Twins.

Please note that, Azure Digital Twins is in Public Preview. Currently, there is no direct access to the IoT Hub created along with Digital Twins. However, in GA we will have the ability for you to bring your own/directly create & associate your own.

Please provide your feedback on the UserVoice and upvote for this feature.

For routing, please see Routing IoT events and messages

For more updates regarding Azure Digital Twins, please check Azure Updates page.

If a post helps to resolve your issue, please click the "Mark as Answer" of that post and/or click Answered "Vote as helpful" button of that post. By marking a post as Answered and/or Helpful, you help others find the answer faster.

Friday, January 10, 2020 9:48 AM

All replies

• Hi

Which region are you trying to deploy the Digital Twins resource? 

Please check whether you have create one already? Goto Azure portal -> All Services -> Digital Twins -> check if you have created Digital Twins already

I just tried creating one in the Azure portal and able to create successfully without any issues.

Please delete if you have created one already and try with different region and let us know if that solves your issue.

Tuesday, January 7, 2020 10:34 AM
  • Hello Jingyang,

Have you had a chance to see the above response? Do let us know if you are still blocked.

Thursday, January 9, 2020 4:51 AM
  • Hi,

Thank you very much for teh detailed answer, i did also successfully provisioned a digital twins choosing Norther Europe as the location. 

I have another question which is, is IoTHub is currently the only resource that I can choose, is there any other resources that I can choose from? Is the provisioning process of IoTHub fully automated, I did not see an additional IoTHub resource showed up after I provisoned the digital twins, or how do should I route the data to digital twins?

Thanks a lot in advance!! :)

Jingyang 

Friday, January 10, 2020 2:08 AM
  • Hi Jingyang,

Glad to hear that you were able to create Azure Digital Twins resource.

No, you can’t access the IoT Hub created along with Azure Digital Twins.

Please note that, Azure Digital Twins is in Public Preview. Currently, there is no direct access to the IoT Hub created along with Digital Twins. However, in GA we will have the ability for you to bring your own/directly create & associate your own.

Please provide your feedback on the UserVoice and upvote for this feature.

For routing, please see Routing IoT events and messages

For more updates regarding Azure Digital Twins, please check Azure Updates page.

If a post helps to resolve your issue, please click the "Mark as Answer" of that post and/or click Answered "Vote as helpful" button of that post. By marking a post as Answered and/or Helpful, you help others find the answer faster.

Friday, January 10, 2020 9:48 AM
  • Hi,

Thank you very much for the answer! It was helpful ;)

So that means the Quickstarts - Find available rooms actually created an IoTHub for the user, though it is currently not accessable?

I also started trying to deploy the "Azure Digital Twins Graph Viewer", where I encounter this issue: AADSTS50011: The reply URL specified in the request does not match the reply URLs configured for the application: 'b39259d6-26c2-4c33-b8f8-*******08a53'. 

What exactly is this Sign-on URL mean in the Github set up instruction, where in the tutorial showing as https://twinsvisualizer.azurewebsites.net/ ?

Thank you a lot in advance!!! 

Jingyang 

Monday, January 13, 2020 5:49 AM
  • Hello Jingyang,

Please find the below answers to your questions.

So that means the Quickstarts - Find available rooms actually created an IoTHub for the user, though it is currently not accessable?

Yes, as mentioned earlier, there is no direct access for the IoT Hub.

What exactly is this Sign-on URL mean in the Github set up instruction, where in the tutorial showing as https://twinsvisualizer.azurewebsites.net/ ?

AFAIK, Sign-on URL is the app name that you have created as part of the previous steps. 

Regarding your error message: The reply URL needs to be registered in the Azure Portal to create the connection to the application. Go to Azure Active Directory > App Registrations > My App > Authentication > and configure the URL that that the user should be directed to after sign in.

The reply URL in the portal needs to match exactly what is configured in the application code. For example, https and http register differently, and a mismatch would cause this error. The application ID/Client ID and tenant IDs also need to match in both places.

I hope this helps.

Tuesday, January 14, 2020 6:50 AM