Newly Created Users Cannot Login RRS feed

• Question

• User-1765166613 posted

Hello all, can someone please help me out? I am building an ASP.NET VB.NET Website using VS 2013, I've created an user account for testing and that one works well no problems, I can login and browse all the created pages behind within an authenticated user permission, however, when I create another account on the site, even though the registration works well, but when I try to login with the newly created account, I cannot get access to any of the members/users features, the login page just keeps loading indefinitely, but if I login with the user account I've created I go through fine, no problem. I have check the Users table and Membership table to see if there is anything missing there, but all is fine there, the user was created successfully and the membership information is in place. The worst part is that I get no error, though I have no idea what the issue might be.

If anyone has an idea on what might be wrong, please help me out here!

Thanks!

Friday, February 13, 2015 5:03 PM

Answers

• User-1765166613 posted

Thanks for the reply Archer, however, I was able to find the issue and fix it. This is how the site works:

OnCreatedUser -> The new user must activate his account via email

OnAccountActivated -> The new user must fill out some required fields on his profile

OnProfileCompleted -> The new user then have access to the rest of the site accounts

On each page concerning with the user account, I have created a trap to make sure the new user required profile fields are completed, if they are not then the user gets redirected to the profile page, my error was that for reasons beyond me, I also place the trap on the user profile page, that resulted on a loop as the profile page referred back to itself on page load. Once I remove the trap all works fine now.

Really do appreciate your answer!

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Monday, February 16, 2015 7:55 AM

All replies

• User-1765166613 posted

Thanks to those that might try to help. I've found the issue, I had a running trap looping and throwing itself into the same module.

Friday, February 13, 2015 10:41 PM
  • User2008642861 posted

Hi jochy,

Thank you for your post. It's hard for me to give you some correct suggestions without code. I suggest that you could add a breakpoint at the authenticated user permission to check the details.

Here is a tutorial for you to refer.

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/vstudio/ms172766(v=vs.100).aspx

Hope this could be helpful to you.

Best regards,

Archer

Monday, February 16, 2015 3:02 AM
  • User-1765166613 posted

Thanks for the reply Archer, however, I was able to find the issue and fix it. This is how the site works:

OnCreatedUser -> The new user must activate his account via email

OnAccountActivated -> The new user must fill out some required fields on his profile

OnProfileCompleted -> The new user then have access to the rest of the site accounts

On each page concerning with the user account, I have created a trap to make sure the new user required profile fields are completed, if they are not then the user gets redirected to the profile page, my error was that for reasons beyond me, I also place the trap on the user profile page, that resulted on a loop as the profile page referred back to itself on page load. Once I remove the trap all works fine now.

Really do appreciate your answer!

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Monday, February 16, 2015 7:55 AM