none
Is there help available for learning how to generate a RDL file programmatically? RRS feed

• Question

•  

I have done the one tutorial on generating an RDL file that Microsoft provides - basically turning a dataset into a table, I've pieced together how to do some simple stuff... text boxes, rectangles, font sizies, background colors - however there is so much more that I need to know. 

I have downloaded the RDL specification.  It looks like it will be a good reference once I get a little more familiar with what all the elements and properties do.

For instance, how do I set up groups in a table?  I would love to see just a code snippet with an explanation of what's going on. 

Please don't answer that specific question... my real question is: Is this sort of documentation available anywhere?

You might wonder why I want to go to all this trouble.  Sometimes I wonder that myself, but I'm driven by this irrational desire to figure out how to do this thing - it looks like it might not be all that difficult.  If all else fails - is there any way to get the report generator working in Visual C# Express?

Monday, November 12, 2007 12:12 AM

All replies