none
Runtime Reports w/ ReportViewer RRS feed

• Question

•  

quick background.  ive been working a side project for a friend.  its a football statistics program.  im hoping i can get the reportviewer to work here.  all it is really (so far) is a window that allows him to select a year and a team, and im hoping to get the reportviewer to display info on each game from that team/year, like the scores, opponents, location of game, etc...

at first i had it working fine without reportviewer.  i was just building a tablelayoutpanel, and it worked ok, but it was ugly and slow.  so i want to use reportviewer.  my question regards how to get my data into the reportviewer each time a new selection is made.  i am gathering all my data into a datatable, and i kinda see how to do it useing lines like:

Code Snippet

repGames.LocalReport.DataSources.Add(new ReportDataSource("Test", table));

repGames.RefreshReport();

but its not really working.  i guess right now my main confusion comes within the rdlc itself.  when i first started playing i found a tutorial that simply pulled data from a database table and put it in the reportviewer so i replicated that with fields like =Fields!teamName.Value etc, but now that im trying to do it dynamically, how do i design my report?

so i dont know if im completely lost here or what, but hopefully someone can point me in the right direction.  when i first started searching there werent that many tutorials for reportviewer, presumably because it was still so new.  thanks guys. 

Tuesday, May 8, 2007 11:30 PM

All replies