How come my website RRS feed

• Question

• User-2034832528 posted
    asks me to login now every time I try to access it? I'm hosting a site via IIS, I'm on Win2k3 Server runnign SQL Server 2000. Yesterday it was working fine, if you type in http://myipaddresshere it would load my default page w/o a problem. Now though, I know I did tinker a bit w/some user accounts, but it requires a login if you try to go to my site. I tried undoing whatever I did, but maybe I missed something. Let me give you my settings, at least the ones I think are relevant Under IIS, if I go to default web site-> properties Under directory security -> Authentication and access control(for anonymous access) -> Edit it uses the following acct for anonymous access: JDOE\IUSR_JDOE. If I go to Computer Management-> Local Users & GRoups, he is identified as an "Internet guest account" (Built in account for anonymoys access) He's a member of the Guests group ----------------- Don't know if there's anything else I should be adding, but that's all I can think of. Thanks.
    Sunday, May 30, 2004 5:46 PM

All replies

• User-2034832528 posted
    just an update, if I change the default anonymous access acct to an admin acct the problem goes away
    Sunday, May 30, 2004 9:17 PM
  • User-2034832528 posted
    ok did some more testing if i try ANY other acct it asks for a login :(
    Sunday, May 30, 2004 9:31 PM
  • User989702501 posted
    Configure it back to default iusr account. Browse again, what's the error msgs ? 401.X ? check the IIS log file too, default path is %windir%/system32/logfiles/w3svcX/ where X is your site id.
    Sunday, May 30, 2004 11:49 PM
  • User-1036928387 posted
    you may also want to check your NTFS permissions for your webroot and ensure the IUSR_ account you're using has at least read permission over the folder. -matt
    Sunday, June 6, 2004 11:23 PM