Point and Click Adventure

Question

• Hi,

i want to build or programm a Point and Click Adventure in VS Express 2013 with C++ in the style of Monkey Island but just a small game which lasts 15 or 30 minutes.I just need the complete source code of such a game as a great help for my own game.I would be very happy if somebody could help me.I cant find anything in the Internet to help me.

Thanks

Thursday, May 22, 2014 7:01 PM

Answers

• Hi,

According to your description. Your problem is out of support in windows store app. The forum is main about how to develop windows store app. If you want to need the complete source code from other developer. You should contact with him.

Best Wishes!

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey. Thanks<br/> MSDN Community Support<br/> <br/> Please remember to &quot;Mark as Answer&quot; the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Friday, May 23, 2014 1:39 AM

All replies

• Hi,

According to your description. Your problem is out of support in windows store app. The forum is main about how to develop windows store app. If you want to need the complete source code from other developer. You should contact with him.

Best Wishes!

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey. Thanks<br/> MSDN Community Support<br/> <br/> Please remember to &quot;Mark as Answer&quot; the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Friday, May 23, 2014 1:39 AM
  • Hi,

Anne your answer doesnt really help me.

But thanks

Friday, May 30, 2014 2:25 PM
  • I'm not aware of complete game engines with source available for this, and certainly none specifically for Windows Store apps.

You may find the DirectX Tool Kit a good place to start with writing your own simple engine since SpriteBatch is most of what you'll need for rendering.

A quick Internet search turned up a number of articles on doing this.

http://www.godpatterns.com/2010/08/how-to-make-adventure-game.html

There are a ton of adventure game kits out there, but I doubt many of them are yet Windows Store compatible.

http://freegameslist.weebly.com/game-creation-tools.html

Friday, May 30, 2014 4:35 PM
  • hi,

can somebody send me a rpg source code of a short game in the style of Monkey Island.

thanks

Thursday, July 17, 2014 4:32 PM
  • You should look for "writing point and click adventure games" in your favorite search engine. This forum is best for much more specific technical questions.

Thursday, July 17, 2014 5:51 PM