SSRS report: showing White pages when a tablix is hidden RRS feed

• Question

• User1630393281 posted

Hello,

I have a report with several tablix.

Some tablix are hidden  depending on the values chosen for some parameters.

When I execute the report I get white pages when the tablix are hidden.

How can I resolve this issue ?

Thanks in advance.

Best regards.

Monday, April 6, 2020 10:48 AM

All replies

• User-1330468790 posted

Hi szejli,

Could you please describe the problem more concretely?

For example,

1. You want to make some of the tablix data regions visible and others hidden but the result is a white page which is not as what you expected ?
    2. You already make the tablix regions hidden but you want to get another type of empty page instead of white pages?

Moreover, it would be great to see the parameters and the expressions you set for the visibility and how you made them working.

Within more details, it would be much easier and more efficient to target the problem.

Best regards,

Sean

Tuesday, April 7, 2020 5:25 AM
  • User1630393281 posted

Hello,

I have a whole tablix that is visible according to the value of a parameter.

When The tablix is hidden, the page where this tablix is designed appears as empty. This page shouldn't appear when the tablix is hidden.

How can I get rid of this page when the tablix is hidden ?

Having empty pages in a report is disturbing the users that are using it.

I hope that it is clear for you now!

Thanks in advance.

Best regards.

Tuesday, April 7, 2020 6:11 AM
  • User-1330468790 posted

Hi szejli,

Thank you for your explanation.

From my understanding, your problem could be described as "Setting No Data Message"? Am I right?

If so, there are two approaches from which you could choose one according to your scenario.

1.Hidden + extra "No Data" label

You could set hidden condition for tablix and a opposite condition for the label. When the tablix is hidden, you could find that the "No Data" message will be displayed.

Note that the label should be put in the center of the tablix so that it would not disturb the users. However, I don't suggest this since it can not align with the tablix 100%.

2.Filter + "NoRowsMessage" property of the tablix

You could use filter to hidden the unnecessary rows/data and set the "NoRowsMessage" property for the tablix.

When there is no data to display, the tablix will be replaced by the "No Data" Message.

Below you could find a demo where I constructed two tablixs with two approaches respectively. You could set the filter/hidden condition for your own needs.

The first tablix is of type => Hidden + extra "No Data" label. The second tablix is designed with => Filter + "NoRowsMessage" property of the tablix.

Designer UI:

Preview UI:

Hope this can help you.

Best regards,

Sean

Wednesday, April 8, 2020 2:27 AM