Mixing Audio input in .NET RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hi,

I want to get some advice regarding

"Recording audio from multiple audio sources and saving into one file using either VB.NET, C#.NET or VB6"

Pleasae guide me to the right forum.

Regards,

Mujeeb

Saturday, February 10, 2007 4:47 AM

Answers

• hi,

thanks for your replay,

any how i got some code using DirectX DLL, by which i can record from microphone or any other sound sources, and mixing is also done by using stereo mix feature in sound card.

Mujeeb

Thursday, February 15, 2007 1:46 PM

All replies

• Since Media Foundation is unmanaged-only and doesn't yet provide capture functionality (like recording audio), that's probably not your best bet, so I'll try to redirect you.

Since you want to write managed code, I might actually recommend that you take a look at the Windows Media Encoder SDK, which does offer managed APIs.  Here's the newsgroup for that: http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/community/newsgroups/WindowsMedia/default.mspx?dg=microsoft.public.windowsmedia.encoder&lang=en&cr=US

I don't remember whether it's possible to record from multiple audio sources and get them both recorded in the same file simultaneously, so you should ask on that newsgroup about that.  If it's not possible, of course you could always try recording each separately and then putting them together in a post-processing step. 

Wednesday, February 14, 2007 5:07 PM
  • hi,

thanks for your replay,

any how i got some code using DirectX DLL, by which i can record from microphone or any other sound sources, and mixing is also done by using stereo mix feature in sound card.

Mujeeb

Thursday, February 15, 2007 1:46 PM