locked
Audience targeting under Modify Navigation settings page RRS feed

  • Question

  • Hi,

    Our application is implemented in MOSS 2007 and the version installed is 12.0.0.6658.
    We have 2 groups called "Site Owner1" and "Site Owner2".

    Issue:
    People picker doesnt resolve the group names Site Owner1 and Site Owner2.

    Steps to reproduce:
    1) Go to Modify Navigation page from Site Actions menu
    2) Select any folder and click Edit... link
    3) In the Audience text box, type "Site Owner" and click check names icon
    4) It will say that "No exact match was found"
    5) Click on the text "Site Owner" and select "Site Owner1" from the options displayed and click OK button
    6) It post backs and again says "No exact match was found"

    Please help. Thanks in advance.

    Regards,
    Muthukannan

    Monday, June 18, 2012 5:44 AM

Answers

  • The description for Site Owner1 and Site Owner2 contains the word "Site Owner" which was the causing the issue in our case.
    Modifying the description value solved our issue.

    Thanks,

    Muthukannan

    Tuesday, June 26, 2012 5:39 AM

All replies

  • Hi Muthukannan,

    For this issue , please try to create a new security group/user in Active directory and use them. If this is a SharePoint group, create a new SharePoint group and use them in the audience for the navigation items. That is because there may be some issues with the existing groups. Also, there is related information about this issue is fixed in sp2, so you can upgrade your SharePoint to Service Pack 2.
    Please check it, if there is any problem, please feel free to let me know.

    Best Regards,


    Qiao Wei

    TechNet Community Support

    Tuesday, June 19, 2012 9:38 AM
    Moderator
  • Hi Qiao,

    Thanks for your response.
    We have installed service pack 3 in our environment.
    This is a production environment and the existing sharepoint group is referred in many broken lists and listitems, so it is not possible to create a new group.

    In one of our test site in production, we tried creating a new sharepoint group without deleting the existing one and could find that the issue still exists.
    In case if we create a new sharepoint group, do we have to delete the existing sharepoint group. Please advise.

    Regards,
    Muthukannan

    Wednesday, June 20, 2012 4:54 AM
  • The description for Site Owner1 and Site Owner2 contains the word "Site Owner" which was the causing the issue in our case.
    Modifying the description value solved our issue.

    Thanks,

    Muthukannan

    Tuesday, June 26, 2012 5:39 AM