SSAS Analysis Services and spatial data with the SQL Server Geography data type RRS feed

• Question

• In SQL Server 2008 R2, spatial data and the geography data type work well in Reporting Services for creating map reports.  However, I have an analysis services SSAS OLAP cube, and I want to build SSAS-based map reports in Reporting Services.  However, I'm having a difficult time getting my spatial data column from my Location table of my data warehouse into my cube.  Analysis Services doesn't seem to recognize or work with the Geography data type of my spatial data column in my SQL Server database.  The reason I need to use SSAS to be the data source for my map report in Reporting Services, is that I have complicated role-based security in my SSAS OLAP database and cube, and I need SSAS to maintain that security all the way through to my map data.  Has anyone had any experience in working with the SQL Server 2008 Geography data type in SSAS Analysis Services to handle GeoSpatial data?  Or, any workaround suggestions?  Thanks in advance!!

Friday, August 5, 2011 1:51 AM

Answers

All replies