2003 SBS - Sharepoint - Runtime Error RRS feed

• Question

• User58225647 posted

Hey guys, new user here with a problem. I tried searching and found a couple of threads but was unable to resolve my issue, so I'm seaking help.

We have a 2003 Small Business Server R2 Standard. We started switching stuff over to Office 365 (email) and just started moving all the sharepoint over also.

However, our sharepoint site has crashed and I can't even access the files through the back end (windows explorer, mapped drive)

Here is the error I am recieving ON the server itself.

--------------------------------------

Server Error in '/' Application.

Configuration Error

Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately. 

Parser Error Message: Unrecognized attribute 'type'.

Source Error: 

Line 13:       <section name="PeoplePickerWildcards" type="System.Configuration.NameValueSectionHandler, System, Version=1.0.5000.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089" />

Line 14:     </sectionGroup>

Line 15:     <sectionGroup name="System.Workflow.ComponentModel.WorkflowCompiler" type="System.Workflow.ComponentModel.Compiler.WorkflowCompilerConfigurationSectionGroup, System.Workflow.ComponentModel, Version=3.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35">

Line 16:       <section name="authorizedTypes" type="System.Workflow.ComponentModel.Compiler.AuthorizedTypesSectionHandler, System.Workflow.ComponentModel, Version=3.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35" />

Line 17:     </sectionGroup>

Source File: C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\wss\VirtualDirectories\40540\web.config    Line: 15 

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:1.1.4322.2504; ASP.NET Version:1.1.4322.2505

----------------------------------------------

Here is the error I am recieving on my laptop when I try to access the site.

----------------------------------------------

Runtime Error

Description: An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (for security reasons). It could, however, be viewed by browsers running on the local server machine. 

Details: To enable the details of this specific error message to be viewable on remote machines, please create a <customErrors> tag within a "web.config" configuration file located in the root directory of the current web application. This <customErrors> tag should then have its "mode" attribute set to "Off".

<!-- Web.Config Configuration File -->

<configuration>
        <system.web>
            <customErrors mode="Off"/>
        </system.web>
    </configuration>

Notes: The current error page you are seeing can be replaced by a custom error page by modifying the "defaultRedirect" attribute of the application's <customErrors> configuration tag to point to a custom error page URL.

<!-- Web.Config Configuration File -->

<configuration>
        <system.web>
            <customErrors mode="RemoteOnly" defaultRedirect="mycustompage.htm"/>
        </system.web>
    </configuration>

What I've tried...I tried switching the ASPnet from 1.xxxx to 2.xxxx, I reinstalled all the frameworks, even installed 3.5 and 4 and tried using those with no luck.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Sean

Friday, February 21, 2014 8:54 AM

All replies

• User-1454326058 posted

Hi scarmack,

Please try to use the .net 4.0 application pool.

There is a related thread that may benefit you:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/sharepoint/en-US/8105110d-1913-49a5-b391-c3cc532d3faa/unrecognized-attribute-type?forum=sharepointgenerallegacy

On the other hand, your issue is about the sharepoint. I suggest that you should post it in the SharePoint Forum for efficient response.

Thanks

Best Regards  

Sunday, February 23, 2014 9:18 PM
  • User58225647 posted

Hi, I tried that and this is what popped up, but I will give the sharepoint forum a go.

Could not find permission set named 'ASP.Net'.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. 

Exception Details: System.Configuration.ConfigurationErrorsException: Could not find permission set named 'ASP.Net'.

Source Error: 

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace: 

[ConfigurationErrorsException: Could not find permission set named 'ASP.Net'.]

System.Web.HttpRuntime.HostingInit(HostingEnvironmentFlags hostingFlags, PolicyLevel policyLevel, Exception appDomainCreationException) +238

[HttpException (0x80004005): Could not find permission set named 'ASP.Net'.]

System.Web.HttpRuntime.FirstRequestInit(HttpContext context) +8946484

System.Web.HttpRuntime.EnsureFirstRequestInit(HttpContext context) +97

System.Web.HttpRuntime.ProcessRequestInternal(HttpWorkerRequest wr) +258

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.0.30319.1

Monday, February 24, 2014 9:59 AM
  • User-1454326058 posted

Hi scarmack,

Based on this link http://www.asp.net/whitepapers/aspnet4/breaking-changes , it said that:

Web servers that run SharePoint have a Web.config file that is deployed at the root of a SharePoint Web site (for example, c:\inetpub\wwwroot\web.config for Default Web Site). In this Web.config file, SharePoint sets a custom partial-trust level named WSS_Minimal.

If you try to run an ASP.NET 4 Web site that is deployed as a child of this type of SharePoint Web site, you will see the following error:

Could not find permission set named 'ASP.Net'.

This error occurs because the ASP.NET 4 code access security (CAS) infrastructure looks for a permission set named ASP.Net. However, the partial trust configuration file that is referenced by WSS_Minimal does not contain any permission sets with that name.

Currently there is not a version of SharePoint available that is compatible with ASP.NET. As a result, you should not attempt to run an ASP.NET 4 Web site as a child site underneath SharePoint Web sites.

There is a related thread that may benefit you:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/5541692/run-asp-net-4-0-app-under-sharepoint

but I will give the sharepoint forum a go.

Please post the link here which will be benefit to others who has the similar issue.

Thanks

Best Regards

Tuesday, February 25, 2014 12:25 AM
  • User58225647 posted

Here is the link to the sharepoint forum, I was unable to find a 2003 category, so I just put it under 2010. No replies yet.

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/sharepoint/en-US/1564175b-df7e-49c5-ba0c-2f50f3401cf9/2003-sbs-sharepoint-runtime-error?forum=sharepointdevelopmentprevious

I have two internel sites...

Lets call the first was 2.0 and the second one 3.0

2.0 works, but 3.0 doesn't.

2.0 is using the 1.1xxx aspnet and works, however when I put 3.0 on that it doesn't work.

I'm not sure what changed.

Tuesday, February 25, 2014 10:01 AM