none
Template with TOC and Glossary RRS feed

• Question

• Hello

I would like a create a single template that has a cover page, single toc with section names as items, many sections, and a glossary page of phrases. The phrases would be anything user adds the template: section names, etc. How can I achieve this?

Friday, April 17, 2015 5:43 PM

Answers

• Hi lcyBricks,

>> I would like a create a single template that has a cover page, single toc with section names as items, many sections, and a glossary page of phrases. The phrases would be anything user adds the template: section names, etc. How can I achieve this?

I am not clearly about what you want. If you want to achieve the steps manually, I will recommend you go to the link below for help.

Reference: http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/home?forum=word

If you want to achieve these steps with vba, do you have issues about all of the steps you mentioned? It would be helpful if you could share us your key issue and we could focus on it. It would be recommend that one thread for one issue.

>> I tried inserting an index but that gives page numbers which I do not want. Preferably the glossary items would be in a row of a 1 column table.

What do you mean by “inserting an index but that gives page numbers which I do not want”? Could you share us the steps you operate? Do you mean that you use a Table of Authorities and you do not want page numbers in a glossary? If so, I am afraid that you could not remove the page numbers which is expected in a Table of Authorities.

Best Regards,

Edward

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, April 21, 2015 2:34 AM

All replies

• I tried inserting an index but that gives page numbers which I do not want. Preferably the glossary items would be in a row of a 1 column table.
    Friday, April 17, 2015 6:53 PM
  • Hi lcyBricks,

>> I would like a create a single template that has a cover page, single toc with section names as items, many sections, and a glossary page of phrases. The phrases would be anything user adds the template: section names, etc. How can I achieve this?

I am not clearly about what you want. If you want to achieve the steps manually, I will recommend you go to the link below for help.

Reference: http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/home?forum=word

If you want to achieve these steps with vba, do you have issues about all of the steps you mentioned? It would be helpful if you could share us your key issue and we could focus on it. It would be recommend that one thread for one issue.

>> I tried inserting an index but that gives page numbers which I do not want. Preferably the glossary items would be in a row of a 1 column table.

What do you mean by “inserting an index but that gives page numbers which I do not want”? Could you share us the steps you operate? Do you mean that you use a Table of Authorities and you do not want page numbers in a glossary? If so, I am afraid that you could not remove the page numbers which is expected in a Table of Authorities.

Best Regards,

Edward

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, April 21, 2015 2:34 AM