bootstrap css navbar and master page RRS feed

• Question

• User726691642 posted

I created a master page with a bootstrap css navbar for the navigation. The dropdown works fine from the home page but from one of the sub pages the dropdown does not work. is there an example of bootstrap that will work with master page.

Sunday, August 21, 2016 2:35 AM

Answers

• User726691642 posted

After walking away for a bit and coming back to it I realized I had to hard code the full domain address into the head area for each bootstrap file. in the control panel area I am working with has pages in sub folders so on each sub page the bootstrap files were not addressed right. 

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Sunday, August 21, 2016 3:38 PM

All replies

• User465171450 posted

There isn't anything special about master pages. The only thing you have to keep in mind is any links, including the references to include scripts and css, are relative to the masterpage usually. It's up to you to inlucde them in a way that can be translated to a domain or app relative url so when they are used in sub-pages they will work correctly.

Sunday, August 21, 2016 2:41 AM
  • User726691642 posted

After walking away for a bit and coming back to it I realized I had to hard code the full domain address into the head area for each bootstrap file. in the control panel area I am working with has pages in sub folders so on each sub page the bootstrap files were not addressed right. 

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Sunday, August 21, 2016 3:38 PM