none
In Azure Backup (Services Recovery Vault), can I see MARS registered nodes (computers) RRS feed

• Question

• Can someone please help with the following question

I am used to using Azure Automation DSC (Desired State Configuration), in this technology when you register a node (computer) you see the node appear under the 'nodes' section. In other words event if you are not controlling that node at this time via SDC you still see the node as soon as it is on-boarded.

I thought there may be a similar thing with Azure Backup e.g. once I register a node (on-premise computer running the MARS agent), it would show up somewhere in the Azure Portal under the Recovery Services vault section. However I do not see it any where or for that matter a window or section which would list registered nodes (not until they have had at least one backup). Fo example, I on-board the node using PowerShell as follows

PS C:\downloads> Start-OBRegistration -VaultCredentials $i.FullName -Confirm:$false -Verbose
    VERBOSE: Registers the server with {0} by using the specified vault credentials.
    Vault credentials validation succeeded. Below are the backup vault details.

CertThumbprint      : e2cf941ef60a8e542cf37beb009bb8e809cda37a
    SubscriptionID      : ea12b956-4b8a-4f8f-a62d-a78e2ec00689
    ServiceResourceName : RV01
    Region              : uksouth

Machine registration succeeded.

But as above when I look all over the Azure portal, I do not see my node anywhere.

Thanks

CXMelga

Friday, October 25, 2019 12:01 PM

Answers

• Greetings @ CCMelga,
    Your observation is correct. After registering the machine to the vault you need to take backup  at least once to see it under protected items. This is by design. If you've any concerns about this behavior you can always leave a feedback at our UserVoice forum for the engineering team to consider your ask if it qualifies to be a good feedback for feature enhancement on the product.
    Thursday, October 31, 2019 7:16 AM

All replies

• Greetings @ CCMelga,
    Your observation is correct. After registering the machine to the vault you need to take backup  at least once to see it under protected items. This is by design. If you've any concerns about this behavior you can always leave a feedback at our UserVoice forum for the engineering team to consider your ask if it qualifies to be a good feedback for feature enhancement on the product.
    Thursday, October 31, 2019 7:16 AM
  • Thank you for taking the time to reply Sadiqh much appreciated 
    Saturday, November 2, 2019 5:03 PM