none
Adding a watermark on a Visio file programatically RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have a workflow where Visio files for completed projects get sent to a folder in a server for archiving, I would like to create a small application that watches the folder and if any new file gets added, to add a "Archive" image into the Visio file. 

I have problem understanding the Visio xml-like schema and have no idea what/where I should insert to do this watermarking.

The example at :Office Dev Center"  is not really complete and it sorts of just iterate through until it finds a "string" attribute and then changes that. The example does not cover adding or removing of elements.

I hope someone can point me towards the right direction.

Thank you in advance.

Friday, October 4, 2019 1:38 AM

All replies

• Hi Aelindgard,

Thank you for posting here.

Since your question is more related to Visio, I suggest that you could post it in the Visio General Questions and Answers for IT Professionals forum.

The Visual C# forum discusses and asks questions about the C# programming language, IDE, libraries, samples, and tools

Best Regards,

Jack

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, October 4, 2019 8:57 AM
  • Friday, October 4, 2019 9:08 AM
  • this is using interop and thus require that a copy of Visio be in the server.
    Thursday, October 10, 2019 3:44 AM
  • The question is with regards to development of a C# program that leverages the Visio SDK. How is this considered out-of-topic?

Perhaps you are right in that I might get a better response there. I have duplicated this question in the Visio forum.

• Edited by Aelindgard Thursday, October 10, 2019 3:47 AM
    Thursday, October 10, 2019 3:45 AM