none
Dism - Add Media Play Back To Online Standard Embedded 7 RRS feed

• Question

• I've been struggling with this for about 2 weeks now. so I thought I'd finally check here.

So I want to install the correct package and features to my embedded OS that will allow me to play videos, or install Windows Media Player. The OS I'm using is embedded standard 7. I have ran this command "dism /online /enable-feature /featurename:mediaplayback" but the response I get "Feature Name Media Playback is unknown"

If I just run "dism /online /get-features" the response is

" Image Version: 6.1.7600.16385

Features listing for package : Microsoft-Windows-EmbeddedCore-Package~31bf3856ad 364e35~amd64~~6.1.7601.17514

(No features found for this package)

The operation completed successfully. "

Any help or anything that can point me in the right direction would be appreciated.........

• Edited by Luis-isi Monday, March 26, 2018 11:54 PM
    Monday, March 26, 2018 11:54 PM

Answers

• Hi Sean, 

The WES7 image was already built and I found from the providers that they can't make the changes so it's up to me.

I've gone ahead and built the image with the correct packages in ICE. Yet when I go to install the image I get errors and the installation fails. 

Monday, April 2, 2018 11:55 PM

All replies

• WE7 is broken down into packages. When the OS is initially built the designer puts in the packages that make the OS image unique.

1. Did you build the WES7 image or did the image come with the computer you are using?

2. If you build the image, go back to ICE and rebuild the image with the correct packages, or add the CAB files using DISM including adding the language package. Rebuilding is faster.

3. If this is an image that came with the system, the you will have to go back to the manufacturer and have them add the features that you want into the image.

Sean Liming - Book Author: Starter Guide Windows 10 IoT Enterprise - www.annabooks.com / www.seanliming.com

Wednesday, March 28, 2018 12:15 AM
  • Hi Sean, 

The WES7 image was already built and I found from the providers that they can't make the changes so it's up to me.

I've gone ahead and built the image with the correct packages in ICE. Yet when I go to install the image I get errors and the installation fails. 

Monday, April 2, 2018 11:55 PM
  • What are the errors?

Are you an OEM building a system?

Sean Liming - Book Author: Starter Guide Windows 10 IoT Enterprise - www.annabooks.com / www.seanliming.com

Wednesday, April 4, 2018 5:50 PM
  • Hey Sean, 

I'm no longer getting any errors and I was able to install the Embedded OS. Any chance you could recommend a good book on building embedded system for windows 7 ?

Wednesday, April 4, 2018 6:59 PM
  • Here is my book for WES7: http://annabooks.com/Book_PGWES7.htm

Wednesday, April 4, 2018 11:33 PM
  • Thanks you.
    Friday, April 6, 2018 4:54 PM