none
How I can Merge Two Different Domain in to the Single Network...Any one can Help me RRS feed

• Question

• How I can Merge Two Different Domain in to the Single Network...Any one can Help me
    Friday, September 27, 2013 9:04 AM

All replies

• You can:
    1. migrate from one to the other so you only have one domain

Use either native migration tools or third party ones. Search ADMT, adprep, migration keywords in Google.

2. combine them and setup trusts so you have to manage 2 domains

Migrate the contents (users, groups, memberships, computers, data, etc) to the other domain.

3. create new and migrate them both into the new one by using 3rd party tools.

First trust the domains, then starting moving the users to the new domain, then the computers. When you are done, on the old domain all you should have left is the old domain controller.

If your users will keep the same user name there are several bulk move tools for active directory that will move the user between domains. If the users will get a new user name (unrelated to their old user name), export them to excel and then create your user map to create your new AD names. When you get ready to migrate the users on the workstation use the Microsoft user state migration tool (USMT) to copy the users profile on the computer to their new user name profile. That way all of their favorites and settings will be available in their new user name.

• Proposed as answer by TheHumanBot Saturday, October 12, 2013 5:13 AM
    • Unproposed as answer by TheHumanBot Saturday, July 5, 2014 5:21 AM
    Thursday, October 10, 2013 9:14 AM