Service bus trigger RRS feed

• Question

• In logic app, if we want to use Service Bus as a trigger we do have two types of trigger points:

1. When a message received in a queue/topic-subscription (Peeck-lock/auto-complete)

2. When one or more messages arrives in a queue/topic-subscription (Peeck-lock/auto-complete)

Can anyone help me to understand the difference between these two triggers will work including given interval time. When I was checking out this behavior, in both triggers logs were there for each message and also on same time.

Monday, December 3, 2018 2:07 PM

All replies

• Hi ,

As the name suggest for both the connectors 

First one "When a message received in a queue/topic-subscription (Peeck-lock/auto-complete)" deals with single thread logic App run e.g process single message in single LA run 

The second one deals with Batch processing ,means you can get one or more message and then you detach the payload for processing 

If this answers your question please mark it accordingly. If this post is helpful, please vote as helpful by clicking the upward arrow mark next to my reply

Monday, December 3, 2018 11:16 PM
  • Thank you for replying but my doubt is not clear yet. I am having one logic app on the trigger of Service bus i.e. " When one or more messages arrive in a queue (Peeck-lock) ". When logic app triggers, it is taking only one message at a time. I can see different logs for each message of Service Bus Queue. And the same behavior is there for the trigger - "When a message received in a queue (Peeck-lock)". So from name "One or more message", how it is taking all the messages together?  
    • Edited by Dinal.Lad Tuesday, December 4, 2018 6:39 AM
    Tuesday, December 4, 2018 6:39 AM
  • Hi ,

What is maximum message count on your trigger , by default the trigger should read 20 messages at a time (and depends on how many messages are there in queue)

You can find the documentation at  https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/connectors/servicebus/#when-one-or-more-messages-arrive-in-a-queue--auto-complete-

If this answers your question please mark it accordingly. If this post is helpful, please vote as helpful by clicking the upward arrow mark next to my reply

Tuesday, December 4, 2018 10:06 PM
  • Thank you for guidance.

Below image is showing the trigger which I am using in my logic App:

And also in selected queue, I was having 20 messages. When I enabled logic App, I observed 20 success logs were there with receiving one message at a time. So my confusion is that, what is the impact of giving "Maximum Message Count" for retrieving message from queue. Because it has processed all messages in single trigger (without waiting for next trigger which is after 2 mins). It would be great help if you clear out my confusion. 
    Thanks in advance.

Thursday, December 13, 2018 11:50 AM