Infopath Submit problem RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I have a problem with an InfoPath from when I submit it to a web service. I have created a connection to the web service, to which I send all fields of the form.

But on submit the data are empty. Do you have any idea how to solve this problem ?

Thanks.

Lauriane Savary
    Monday, June 20, 2011 12:32 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Sorry that my message was not clear. The submit works correctly, but the data that arrives to the web service are empty.

I just found the solution on this thread. When I configure the submit button, I have to choose the root element and select "text and child elements only" and not the whole document as described in the official documentation. I changed this configuration and now it works.

Thank you for your help.

Lauriane Savary
    Tuesday, June 21, 2011 6:44 AM

All replies

• What do you mean by "but on submit the data are empty"?  WHERE is the data empty?  Is the submit even working, or is it failing?  How do you know the data is empty?  Are you saying the database on the other end of the WS receives no data, or are you saying a row is entered with all blank data?  Have you confirmed that your submit is set up properly?

Is this a browser form?  Is the form based on the web service, or is it a blank form with a manually-added submit data connection?

SharePoint Architect || Microsoft MVP || My Blog
    Planet Technologies || SharePoint Task Force
    Tuesday, June 21, 2011 1:56 AM
  • Hi,

Sorry that my message was not clear. The submit works correctly, but the data that arrives to the web service are empty.

I just found the solution on this thread. When I configure the submit button, I have to choose the root element and select "text and child elements only" and not the whole document as described in the official documentation. I changed this configuration and now it works.

Thank you for your help.

Lauriane Savary
    Tuesday, June 21, 2011 6:44 AM
  • That's exactly what I was talking about when I asked if you had set up your submit properly.
    SharePoint Architect || Microsoft MVP || My Blog
    Planet Technologies || SharePoint Task Force
    Tuesday, June 21, 2011 1:37 PM