none
How to share data between two applications in OneNote? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, 

I am having the requirement that I have 3 addin buttons, if the user clicked first button i have opened the windows forms. At the same time, if the user clicked second button, I dont allow to open second form. If the first form closed, then i need to allow to open second forms. I have implemented this functionality by using XML as a intermediate between two forms. The problem is, if the application is hanged or if the user killed the application in Task manager through process, the xml is not getting updated and so i cant open any forms. Please let me know how to make communication between two forms. Also, if the user close the onenote, my form also need to get close.

Balaji
    Thursday, March 31, 2011 4:26 AM

All replies

• Hi Balaji,

Thanks for posting in the MSDN Forum.

Would you please clarify whether you add-in button will call a windows forms application? And the windows forms in not in you add-in solution?

Have a good day,

Tom

Tom Xu [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Friday, April 1, 2011 5:17 AM
  • Hi, 

Thanks for the post and reply. Yes, my add-in button is calling Windows forms and addin will execute the windows form solution.

Balaji
    Friday, April 1, 2011 6:58 AM
  • Hi balaji_rcs,

What the mean of “will execute the windows form solution”. Do you mean you have a windows form application, you want to execute the “.exe” file when you click the ribbon button?

Have a good day,

Tom

Tom Xu [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Monday, April 11, 2011 9:07 AM