none
Certification of my app failed(@ruanTuber HD: Version 3)

Question

• Hello, i want to ask what exactly is the issue with the release of my app that i uploaded about 4 days ago. First of all i'm extremely dissapointed that i have to wait 4 days just to get the answer that my app for a reason i fail to see was not certified taking in mind there is already a release online. Second the reason listed Shows that i should look at Point 10.1 which is the one that failed but the question is... where is Point 10.1 in the link below?

https://msdn.microsoft.com/de-AT/library/windows/apps/hh694083.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396

As note i got this message from testers(i Quote):

Content compliance: failed

"The app does not offer customers unique, creative value or utility."

I mean, that's ridiculous. I tried to Keep the app as simple as possible and make sure the users get straight to the Content they are looking for without any crappy menus or stuff. I offer up to  4K resolutions and even Audio stream only from YouTube, playlists with drag and drop using your fingers, multi-selection and other features and your testers are telling me that i don't offer customers unique, creative value or Utility? just because i don't meet the tester favorite Android or iOS crappy UI Interface doesn't mean my app doesn't offer good Content. It's a free app and i believe simplicity is better than overcomplicated apps.

Now what exactly do i have to do in order to upload a new Version that pass the required tests??? because if i have to wait like an idiot 4 more days for the new release at least i want to make sure everything is sorted. I apologize for my wording here but after waiting 4 days for my update to be certified and getting such a Response i'm simply not in a good mood.

• Edited by aruantec Wednesday, June 3, 2015 10:55 AM
    Wednesday, June 3, 2015 10:44 AM

Answers

• Hello Aruantec,

Policy 10.1 states the following:

App Policies

Distinct Function & Value; Accurate Representation

Your app and its associated metadata must accurately and clearly reflect the source, functionality, and features of your app.

• The screenshots, app name,      developer name, tile, category and app description, and any other related      metadata you provide with your app, should make it easy for a user to      understand the functions, features, and any important limitations of your      app.
    • Your app may not use a      name or icon similar to that of other apps.
    • You should not represent      your app to be from a company, government body, or other entity if you do      not have permission to make that representation.
    • If your app contains      content or features restricted to certain languages, markets or      geographies or has other important limitations, they should be clearly      described.
    • Your app must be fully      functional and offer customers unique, creative value or utility.
    • If your app declares an      association with a given file type or extensibility point, it must provide      the functionality that a customer would expect, given that association.      For example, if your app declares an association with the .jpg file type,      the app should be able to open the image for viewing or editing.

The polices can be found here: Windows Store Policies.  If you still need assistance please reach out to Dev Center Support for further assistance with this.

-Miles

Windows and Windows Phone Dev Center Support

Send us your feedback about the Windows Platform

Thursday, June 4, 2015 7:19 PM

All replies

• Hello Aruantec,

Policy 10.1 states the following:

App Policies

Distinct Function & Value; Accurate Representation

Your app and its associated metadata must accurately and clearly reflect the source, functionality, and features of your app.

• The screenshots, app name,      developer name, tile, category and app description, and any other related      metadata you provide with your app, should make it easy for a user to      understand the functions, features, and any important limitations of your      app.
    • Your app may not use a      name or icon similar to that of other apps.
    • You should not represent      your app to be from a company, government body, or other entity if you do      not have permission to make that representation.
    • If your app contains      content or features restricted to certain languages, markets or      geographies or has other important limitations, they should be clearly      described.
    • Your app must be fully      functional and offer customers unique, creative value or utility.
    • If your app declares an      association with a given file type or extensibility point, it must provide      the functionality that a customer would expect, given that association.      For example, if your app declares an association with the .jpg file type,      the app should be able to open the image for viewing or editing.

The polices can be found here: Windows Store Policies.  If you still need assistance please reach out to Dev Center Support for further assistance with this.

-Miles

Windows and Windows Phone Dev Center Support

Send us your feedback about the Windows Platform

Thursday, June 4, 2015 7:19 PM
  • Thank you for your reply. So it seems like my app aparently failed at this point:

That point alone is very vague and doesn't explain what is wrong. My app is fully functional and easy to use hence why there are people using it and i even got 4 out of 5 in rating on the actual version that is online right now. Sadly enough because the update wasn't certified people are unable to use my app because the old version rely on a old youtube code that is now obsolete since may.

Now how should i understand "customer unique, creative value or utility"? means that if testers believe my app is a crap i just get rejected just because they don't like it? how it comes they accepted the previous 2 releases and now the new one which fixes the new youtube changes isn't? don't get me wrong but this is ridiculous in all possible ways. I pay to be able to upload my apps which i plan to upgrade with the time and now i just simply get rejected just because a tester believe is not "Good enough" what a joke is that?

Anyways... thanks for the link to the support center. I will try to get assistance there.

• Edited by aruantec Thursday, June 4, 2015 10:56 PM
    Thursday, June 4, 2015 10:49 PM