none
How to get rid of an extension created in napa that does not show in extensions list RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there,

Firstly this forum seems massively out of date.  There is no forum that I can find for office 365 addin development so I am concerned I'm not in the right place.

My problem is I used Napa to create an extension.  Decided that I did not want to continue with it but I cannot remove it from my office 365.  Is there a way to force an app to uninstall?  It does not list in MyAdd-ins so I have no way of telling it to uninstall.

Any help would be appreciated.

Wednesday, July 13, 2016 3:26 PM

Answers

• Okay I have fixed it.

There is another Add-Ins menu under the general menu in mail settings and it was in there.  This one looked the same as the one in the articles you sent me so I suspect I was going to the wrong one yesterday.  I'm all sorted now, many thanks for your help.

Trevor

Sunday, July 17, 2016 9:40 AM

All replies

• >>>My problem is I used Napa to create an extension.  

According to your description, could you provide more information about which type extension you used Napa to create?

>>>Decided that I did not want to continue with it but I cannot remove it from my office 365.  Is there a way to force an app to uninstall?  

Could you provide more information about your issue, for example screenshot and operation steps, that will help us reproduce and resolve it.

In addition you could refer about Two ways to remove a Napa developed Office Add-in

Thanks for your understanding.

Disclaimer: This response contains a reference to a third party World Wide Web site. Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. Microsoft does not control these sites and has not tested any software or information found on these sites; therefore, Microsoft cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there. There are inherent dangers in the use of any software found on the Internet, and Microsoft cautions you to make sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any software from the Internet.

• Proposed as answer by David_JunFeng Wednesday, July 20, 2016 2:32 PM
    Friday, July 15, 2016 6:48 AM
  • Hi There,

I created an out of the box Mail Add-in for outlook and then tested it.  I did this twice but neither time did I get round to making any changes to the out of the box (don't ask my life gets busy at times!)

The attached should show the issues.  I have MailAddin2 in the mail bar but the right hand side is my complete My Add-ins area so I cannot turn off the addin.  As you can also see the addins box is very different from the one in the two ways to remove article but essentially I cannot do either a) because I already deleted is and b) because it does not show up in the list.

Any help would be great many thanks.

Trevor

Saturday, July 16, 2016 8:46 PM
  • Okay I have fixed it.

There is another Add-Ins menu under the general menu in mail settings and it was in there.  This one looked the same as the one in the articles you sent me so I suspect I was going to the wrong one yesterday.  I'm all sorted now, many thanks for your help.

Trevor

Sunday, July 17, 2016 9:40 AM
  • Hi Tre4,

Congratulation, we are glad to hear that you have resolve your issue. If you have any question, please feel free to post them on MSDN forum.

Thanks for your understanding.
    Monday, July 18, 2016 4:55 AM