none
Licensing system / manager, to handle trial versions and paid versions of my product RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all

Thought I would ask here first before I spend hours trawling google.

I have a product which I am hoping to sell (this will be first time I have done this), and I need to find a good way of handling trial versions and managing licences, activating licences etc.

Does anyone here have any experience in this field, and/or could recommend a good product for this purpose?

Many thanks

Darren Rose

P.S. If this is in wrong forum section then perhaps a mod could move it to better one - thanks

• Edited by wingers Tuesday, October 22, 2019 11:52 AM
    Tuesday, October 22, 2019 11:52 AM

Answers

• Look at the following price list then look at the product.

https://www.treekslicensinglibrary.com/pricelist/

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmarked them if they provide no help, this will help others who are looking for solutions to the same or similar problem. Contact via my Twitter (Karen Payne) or Facebook (Karen Payne) via my MSDN profile but will not answer coding question on either.

NuGet BaseConnectionLibrary for database connections.

StackOverFlow
    profile for Karen Payne on Stack Exchange

• Marked as answer by wingers Sunday, October 27, 2019 12:42 AM
    Tuesday, October 22, 2019 1:51 PM

All replies

• Hello,

As I said in the post Tommy provided, don't code it yourself. Years ago I watched in real time an experience hacker break trial software that was half decent via a disassembler (freeware) placing a noop (assembler level code) to bypass the software protection. Granted the vast majority of customers will never come close to this level of hacking.

But never assume someone will not try and get lucky.

The better software protection is written with protection around it, similar to how for instance Apple does updates, it verifies the origins of the update before continuing and the better software protection will use logic to determine if the software was tampered with along with other checks and will also use methods to ensure no bypasses are done at the machine level. System time is not used either.

These companies who have been doing this for years with good reviews are normally sound and not expensive (this may vary dependent on how much revenue you expect against the cost of the protection)

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmarked them if they provide no help, this will help others who are looking for solutions to the same or similar problem. Contact via my Twitter (Karen Payne) or Facebook (Karen Payne) via my MSDN profile but will not answer coding question on either.

StackOverFlow

Tuesday, October 22, 2019 12:19 PM
  • Thank you both for your replies, I will have a look at the links mentioned and see if they would work for me.

I certainly understand having a reliable product, but cost is an issue, as some of these are $50 a month+ and if my app is only selling at a low price then it would eat up all profits before I even start.

Darren Rose

Tuesday, October 22, 2019 12:48 PM
  • Look at the following price list then look at the product.

https://www.treekslicensinglibrary.com/pricelist/

StackOverFlow

• Marked as answer by wingers Sunday, October 27, 2019 12:42 AM
    Tuesday, October 22, 2019 1:51 PM
  • Thanks Karen, that looks interesting, and at a good price.  Is it something you have used yourself?

Darren Rose

Tuesday, October 22, 2019 1:53 PM
  • Hi,

If a post helps to resolve your issue, please click the "Mark as Answer" of that post or click Answered "Vote as helpful" button of that post. By marking a post as Answered or Helpful, you help others find the answer faster.

Best Regards,

Julie

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, October 23, 2019 1:11 AM
  • Hi,

If a post helps to resolve your issue, please click the "Mark as Answer" of that post or click Answered "Vote as helpful" button of that post. By marking a post as Answered or Helpful, you help others find the answer faster.

Best Regards,

Julie

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Yes I know how it works thanks! - I was hoping for more replies, discussion about my question, and answers from people who had personal experience of such tools - Then when I am ready I can mark an answer..

Darren Rose

Wednesday, October 23, 2019 8:49 AM
  • topic closed - no further responses / help, and Karen's suggestion looks great

Darren Rose

• Edited by wingers Sunday, October 27, 2019 12:42 AM
    Sunday, October 27, 2019 12:02 AM