none
Access to the path 'G:\temp_OfflineBackupParams.xml' is denied. RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have a MARS Agent backup set up to save to a local drive on a VM, and I am trying to copy the backup to a drive attached to my desktop for shipping to Microsoft. I keep getting an error message that access is denied to a temp. parameters file. 

Access to the path '\\Path\temp_OfflineBackupParams.xml' is denied.

Copy Session Interrupted. Please check the following and try again:
    1. The target drive provided earlier is online and accessible
    2. The staging location is online and is accessible
    3. The staging location files are not modified by another process
    Unable to access the azure resources of the customer subscriptionAccess to the path '\\path\temp_OfflineBackupParams.xml' is denied.

Access to the path '\\path\g\storename\temp_OfflineBackupParams.xml' is denied.

Warning : Disk preparation completed with errors. Please refer to the AzureOfflineBackupDiskPrep logs at location [C:\Users\me\Desktop\AzureOfflineBackupDiskPrep\]  for details

I don't see a temp file, but I do see one with the same name, without temp...

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Jeff

Tuesday, October 29, 2019 11:59 PM

All replies

• Please ensure the following:
    Azure Backup agent is latest(2.0.9169.0)
    Ensure Azure PowerShell version 3.7.0 or higher is installed on source and copy computer
    Microsoft Edge or Internet Explorer 11 is installed, and JavaScript is enabled
    Azure Storage account and Recovery Services vault is in the same subscription
    Azure login account has owner permission to perform offline backup
    Ensure Microsoft.ImportExport is registered with the same subscription as Azure Storage account
    Ensure the staging location has enough free space to hold initial backup copy
    Wednesday, October 30, 2019 10:17 AM
  • Thanks! I've checked, and all of those statements are true. Where would that temp file be created? I never see it.

Wednesday, October 30, 2019 3:15 PM
  • This query needs a deep dive technically to investigate further that might help us understand the root cause of the issue. Recommend you reach out to Azure technical support by creating a support request. Here is the link https://docs.microsoft.com/en-in/azure/azure-supportability/how-to-create-azure-support-request to create support case. In case you have limitation in your support plan to open Azure Support Tickets please let us know and we will help enable one time free support to assist with resolution on the issue.
    Friday, November 1, 2019 12:29 PM
  • Thank you! I have a ticket open, but I have not been able to make this work. I believe that I have all of the requirements satisfied, the most recent being that I can't use a USB-connected drive to collect the data that will be shipped to the data center.

Monday, November 4, 2019 4:38 PM
  • Could you please share the support request # with us for tracking it internally?
    Tuesday, November 5, 2019 11:12 AM
  • Ticket #119101021001790 - Thanks!
    Wednesday, November 6, 2019 12:04 AM