Lightswitch code edit not working is something cached? RRS feed

• Question

• I have been noticing some strange behavior when I am developing a VS 2013 LightSwitch application.  I have been going through the code in the e-book "Create an End-toEnd LightSwitch HTML Application", and I will make an edit change to the code behind and then I run the code and do not get the desired result.  I walk away and come back later that day and voila, everything is working fine.  In the past I used to see this strange behavior with web based apps and I would just re-start the Visual Studio Web Server and everything would work great but I cannot seem to find that on my Windows 8.1 to refresh it anywhere.  Any ideas on how I can get my code to synch with the version I am debugging?

Thanks, -ja

Monday, February 16, 2015 4:40 AM

Answers

• Hi John,

here are a few suggestions that might help:

•Cleaning and rebuilding your current Project (Right-click > Clean, Right-click Rebuild respective) and see if that makes any difference at all. 

•Stop your existing application and ensure that you don't have any additional IIS processes or instances of your local Web Server running.

•If these issues are still persisting after the above steps, try restarting Visual Studio (and even your local machine)

I'm sure that one or more of these solutions should help solve your problem, but if the issue still persists after all of them, you might try looking into a few more advanced alternatives.

Please let mw know if there is anything that I can do to help.

Best regards,

Angie

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Marked as answer by Angie Xu Tuesday, February 24, 2015 11:28 AM
    Monday, February 16, 2015 10:02 AM