Connection Manager RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

If a device has Wi-Fi enabled Active connection, I am using ConnMgrMapConRef(ConRefType_NAP, szDesc, &internetGuid) to enable Cellular connection from my app, but InternetOpen or InternetOpenUrl does not take connection handle then how we can confirm the WinInet calls uses the connection created by ConnMgrMapConRef( in my case cellular) and not Wi-Fi .

Similarly, If I initiate a data connection(Cellular) using ConnMgrMapConRef and after that if I call WebRequest will it use the same cellular connection or it will use the optimal data connection (like Wi-Fi).

Any help is appreciated...

Thanks,
    Krish

This post is continuation to my earlier post...
    http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en/windowsmobiledev/thread/e3a667d0-5f01-48c2-90e8-368d4010ee42

Sunday, March 7, 2010 11:40 PM

All replies

• Is ConnMgrMapConRef creating any data connection? Or is it just returning the GUID corresponding to szDesc, you have suppiled.
    Did you try calling ConnMgrEstablishConnection using GUID returned by ConnMgrMapConRef?
    Monday, March 8, 2010 1:28 PM
  • Hi,

The ConnMgrMapConRef returns GUID and I can able to establish connection using ConnMgrEstablishConnectionSync, but as I said now both Wi-Fi and Cellular is connected so which one WebRequest call will use...

Thanks,
    Mohan 
    Monday, March 8, 2010 2:13 PM