What People Expect!

General discussion

• lets start by saying, windows developer review is a good new start for a new promising os, when I start to think about downloading it and see what is new, I told me self the new age of Microsoft = real technology has begun, and when I saw how fast the booting was, like wow it has never been faster!, the new welcome screen, but there I started to be disappointed, the poor background of the user account, blank green!!!, come on Microsoft, I felt like I operated windows 95!, the start menu is so beautiful but once download any program even windows live messenger it shows a tiny little ugly icon away from the built in programs, that's deeply destroyed every beauty you made!

finally I guess there is no need for the (desktop) anymore, windows explorer has had enough to browse whatever you want inside your computer, I believe its go start, but you could make a better start, anyone agrees?

Tuesday, November 22, 2011 1:51 PM

All replies

• This is pre-Beta version and idea is to let everyone know what is a direction of Windows and for developer to try developing metro-apps. The thing that you are discussing is mostly related to user interface and user experiance and these areas are still in progress of improvement. Wait for future versions and you will see :-)
    Wednesday, November 23, 2011 9:51 AM
  • I concur with Cyber_Defense_Team.

finally I guess there is no need for the (desktop) anymore

I disagree. The desktop is necessary. It is and will be the runtime environment of 'legacy' apps. Microsoft can't remove it without harming industry and software developers. People need to adapt, software needs to adapt, companies need to adapt, etc. Thus changes need time. Don't be too eager.
    Wednesday, November 23, 2011 10:05 AM