Publish local intranet on IIS2012 RRS feed

• Question

• User-446880360 posted

Hi,

I have local intranet site created in expression web 4 and untill now I use FPSE to publish it to Win Server 2003. I'm in the middle of migration process to Win Server 2012 that does not support FPSE and I try to use WebDAV but when I publish from expression web to default web site on iis \intepub\wwwroot all application folders are gone and deleted. Is there any way to make webDAV work as FPSE (to publish portal without changing other application/virtual directories) or you can suggest me some other solution?

Thanks for any support, help and suggestions. Appreciate it.

Wednesday, August 6, 2014 6:43 AM

Answers

• User-166373564 posted

Hi dfrimmel,

Welcome to asp.net forum.

Is there any way to make webDAV work as FPSE (to publish portal without changing other application/virtual directories) or you can suggest me some other solution?

According to your description above, you want to migrate FPSE sites to WebDAV. For this issue, it's recommended to check the document below.

This document walks you through migrating web sites on IIS 7.0 from the FrontPage Server Extensions to WebDAV and configuring your request filtering settings to protect FPSE metadata from non-WebDAV requests.

Reference: How to Migrate FPSE Sites to WebDAV

In addition, I strongly suggest you look at our sister site, Microsoft IIS experts can help you in IIS forum.

http://forums.iis.net/ 

Best regards

Angie 

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Thursday, August 7, 2014 3:49 AM

All replies

• User-166373564 posted

Hi dfrimmel,

Welcome to asp.net forum.

Is there any way to make webDAV work as FPSE (to publish portal without changing other application/virtual directories) or you can suggest me some other solution?

According to your description above, you want to migrate FPSE sites to WebDAV. For this issue, it's recommended to check the document below.

This document walks you through migrating web sites on IIS 7.0 from the FrontPage Server Extensions to WebDAV and configuring your request filtering settings to protect FPSE metadata from non-WebDAV requests.

Reference: How to Migrate FPSE Sites to WebDAV

In addition, I strongly suggest you look at our sister site, Microsoft IIS experts can help you in IIS forum.

http://forums.iis.net/ 

Best regards

Angie 

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Thursday, August 7, 2014 3:49 AM
  • User-446880360 posted

I first post on iis forum, but since no reply I decide to post in here. On iis forum I got suggestion to use easy migration tool but I dont have problem with migrating my app pools and web sites, I have problem that I dont know hot to configure webdav to work as FPSE with expression web (actually I just want to be able to exclude application folders from publishing default web site).

Thursday, August 7, 2014 6:19 AM
  • User-446880360 posted

All I have to do is to edit/remove authoring rules for applications/virtual directories and they don't appear on list when I publish my default web site.

Friday, August 8, 2014 7:41 AM