none
Problems with .ApplyChartTemplate RRS feed

• Question

• I have generated custom chart templates for  all chart types in Excel 2010 and saved it in the form of .crtx file.

But when i am using the function .ApplyChartTemplate . Its not giving me the color structure as saved in the .crtx file , when i am trying to generate a column chart. But its working fine when i am applying on pie chart. 

Saturday, February 25, 2012 3:54 PM

Answers

• Applying a custom chart manually or with code always works the same for me. However it's certainly confusing as to how and when custom chart colours are applied. It depends whether both the original chart and the custom chart had default or "automatic" colour formats for the series. If even only one is not automatic, all the others may become non automatic, even though there may not be any noticeable difference.

Have you tried applying the custom chart multiple times, sometimes each change can affect one series at a time, I know that seems counter intuitive.

But I can't explain the difference you have between manual and code, as I say I can't replicate that.

Peter Thornton

Monday, February 27, 2012 1:31 PM

All replies

• Did you use only colours from the scheme palette, and if so is the theme or color scheme different in the template and the file you are working with.

What happens if you apply the custom chart  manually.

Peter Thornton

Saturday, February 25, 2012 5:32 PM
  • Neither the theme nor the color scheme is different in the template and the file i am currently using.

Yes , if i apply it manually then it works fine.

• Edited by Rajib Saha Sunday, February 26, 2012 4:26 AM
    Sunday, February 26, 2012 3:57 AM
  • Applying a custom chart manually or with code always works the same for me. However it's certainly confusing as to how and when custom chart colours are applied. It depends whether both the original chart and the custom chart had default or "automatic" colour formats for the series. If even only one is not automatic, all the others may become non automatic, even though there may not be any noticeable difference.

Have you tried applying the custom chart multiple times, sometimes each change can affect one series at a time, I know that seems counter intuitive.

But I can't explain the difference you have between manual and code, as I say I can't replicate that.

Peter Thornton

Monday, February 27, 2012 1:31 PM