Auditing SSRS report viewed data RRS feed

• Question

• I would like to add the SSRS report report viewed data. After enable audit in the ssrs , i am only able to see the some of the information like parameters. 

But i would like to audit actual viewed data in the report. For example if i viewed  employee list report, i would like audit the 

the list of employee and their information displayed in the report.

Please guide me on this.

Sathia

Monday, April 10, 2017 7:31 AM

Answers

• Thank you Surender Singh Bhadauria for your help. What i am asking may be silly question to you. i am sorry for that.

How to write query include audit table?

Below is from your answer.

rewriting the query to include the audit table of the masters and using the Modified datetime of the                          masters pick the values that you need."

• Marked as answer by sathyaonnet Tuesday, April 11, 2017 9:29 AM
    Monday, April 10, 2017 8:43 AM
  • AuditTable of the master data from your Database and not the Report DB using the parameters that are there in the Report Server AuditTables in order to pick the data the way it was in case any modification has happened since the report executed.

--------------------------------------------------------

Surender Singh Bhadauria

My Blog

Monday, April 10, 2017 10:30 AM

All replies

• The report audit will only store the parameters and certain relevant information. It will not give you the entire report data.

Consider the situation where in the report is executed by n number of people and the data they viewed is stored in your DB. It is over kill if you still want to do it then you can write the reports query in the procedure and push the data sent to SSRS in another table along with the parameters but that is unnecessary data and you will be just increasing the DB size.

instead if you have the parameters of the report you can fetch the report at any point of time by rewriting the query to include the audit table of the masters and using the Modified datetime of the masters pick the values that you need. In standard systems the modified data will be pushed in another table to maintain an auditlog so you can query the auditlog to have a view of the data at any given point in time.

Surender Singh Bhadauria

My Blog

Monday, April 10, 2017 8:20 AM
  • Thank you Surender Singh Bhadauria for your help. What i am asking may be silly question to you. i am sorry for that.

How to write query include audit table?

Below is from your answer.

rewriting the query to include the audit table of the masters and using the Modified datetime of the                          masters pick the values that you need."

Monday, April 10, 2017 8:43 AM
  • AuditTable of the master data from your Database and not the Report DB using the parameters that are there in the Report Server AuditTables in order to pick the data the way it was in case any modification has happened since the report executed.

Surender Singh Bhadauria

My Blog

Monday, April 10, 2017 10:30 AM
  • Thank you Surender Singh Bhadauria
    Tuesday, April 11, 2017 9:28 AM