none
Project online lite RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have a team of 4 and I am using Project online (PWA) as manager and my team are using project online lite. 

my team has tried to add tasks or edit task in one of our entreprise project but they are not able.  Edit task is grey.

Do we miss a setting or permission to do that ? I think project online lite enables users to add tasks to exsisting projects

thanks for the help!

Ben

Friday, May 6, 2016 10:00 PM

All replies

• Hi,

the license Project Lite allows to edit tasks as Status Updates. That is also the default permission for team members. They can't edit the schedule by opening. But they can open tasks page (../Tasks.aspx) and change information like Start Date, Finish Date, percent complete/actual work/..., depending on setting in Task Settings and Display. They can also add new tasks from this page with add row. Anyway, all changes need to be submitted to PM for approval (Approval Center). After being approved (and published), changes will be displayed in projects. Without publishing, PM will be able to see these changes in edit mode.

See https://products.office.com/en-us/project/project-lite for more information: "Manage tasks: With Project Lite, Team Members can report the progress of tasks, add new tasks, assign themselves to existing tasks, and assign their tasks to someone else on the team."

Does that help?
    Barbara

To increase the value of this forum, please mark the replies that helped to solve your issue as answer. If you find answers to questions from other forum participants to be helpful, please mark them as helpful. Your participation will help others to find an appropriate solution faster. Thanks for your support!

Friday, May 13, 2016 11:46 AM