What information do developers get about those who purchase our Metro programs? RRS feed

• Question

• I have a Support forum on my company server that is restricted to those who have purchased one of my programs. With my desktop programs, which are sold through Fastspring.com, I get a full notification record sent via email each time a purchase is made. It includes the purchaser's name, email, and physical address. I use that information to allow those users into my Support forums.

In looking through the Windows Store documentation, I don't see anything on purchase notifications.

Does the Windows Store send us details of those who purchase our apps? If not, is that information available somewhere in the Dashboard?

Thanks

Wednesday, September 26, 2012 2:02 PM

Answers

• Henador,

Personal information about the customer is not available through the dashboard and will not be made available to developers.

What you can do is, once the purchase has been completed, prompt the user inside the app to register for access to your support forum and be clear that there is no extra charge for this support. If you take this route, make sure to comply with the developer agreement: by collecting personal data you will have to include a privacy policy in your app.

-Eric

• Marked as answer by henador Wednesday, September 26, 2012 8:20 PM
    Wednesday, September 26, 2012 2:36 PM

All replies

• Henador,

Personal information about the customer is not available through the dashboard and will not be made available to developers.

What you can do is, once the purchase has been completed, prompt the user inside the app to register for access to your support forum and be clear that there is no extra charge for this support. If you take this route, make sure to comply with the developer agreement: by collecting personal data you will have to include a privacy policy in your app.

-Eric

• Marked as answer by henador Wednesday, September 26, 2012 8:20 PM
    Wednesday, September 26, 2012 2:36 PM
  • Thanks for the info and suggestion, Eric.
    Wednesday, September 26, 2012 8:20 PM